Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Open letter from Paul Barber

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
He makes a good point and so do you in reply, but do many fans that have maybe been drinking for 2 + hours in Brighton or Lewes get to the Amex and then moan because there is a long queue at the concourse kiosks or are disappointed because their favourite guest pie has sold out?
These same fans have had plenty of time to also buy something to eat in or around the pubs they have been drinking in.

I don't disagree with you or [MENTION=24260]chrisg[/MENTION] with the exception that the club has ALWAYS pushed the "arrive early" message to try and maximise concourse revenue.

I'm not really positioning myself as for or against either PB or "the fans" here. There is a hospitality staff shortage nationwide. PB would undoubtedly like people to still come early so that a revenue stream is maintained and the queues to get in spread out throughout the afternoon. Fans may take the view that they'd rather get served quicker in a local pub and around Brighton Station and then wait in a queue for the train and the ground rather than in a queue for a pint, pie and piss. Both views are reasonable, no?

chrisg

Apr 9, 2012
The club obviously want revenue from pies and beer, but not at the moment when there are national hospitality shortages and students not in town.
How have people coped in the pandemic lockdown without buying a pie and a pint in the stadium?

If this is the biggest issue in people’s lives right now, then they don’t have much to worry about.

I am just grateful to see a live game for first time in 20 months , having caught and survived Covid last year.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I don't disagree with you or [MENTION=24260]chrisg[/MENTION] with the exception that the club has ALWAYS pushed the "arrive early" message to try and maximise concourse revenue.

I'm not really positioning myself as for or against either PB or "the fans" here. There is a hospitality staff shortage nationwide. PB would undoubtedly like people to still come early so that a revenue stream is maintained and the queues to get in spread out throughout the afternoon. Fans may take the view that they'd rather get served quicker in a local pub and around Brighton Station and then wait in a queue for the train and the ground rather than in a queue for a pint, pie and piss. Both views are reasonable, no?

Both views are reasonable, yes.

I will also add the club have stopped flasks, removing a lid from a plastic bottle at the turnstiles and no bags bigger than A4 (maybe this has stopped fans bringing a picnic ) so we have more fans using the kiosks.
The bring a picnic and flask mob wouldn’t be in Spoons in North street when they open. :)

I think some fans maybe shouldn’t be relying on getting what they want, when they want at the kiosks for a while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
West Ham discuss the "wrap" on their ground

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=164789&start=20

And discuss what a ***ing shambles it was getting in to the ground.

https://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=181059&sid=47ab41be96ff0233aa05832f8b900025

Norwich moan about a fan survey

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?...-panel-fan-issues-to-discuss/page/6/#comments

Sours fan moans about no bars open to drink while there's a huge queue at Seven Sisters.

https://thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/new-stadium.7036/post-3008925

I could probably carry on if I could be bothered. I imagine Arsenal's a scream right now. But you get the point, right?

Yeah I'm just not sure why you decided to put any effort into proving West Ham fans are (non Julian) dicks!

I know I'm being unreasonable and letting my yogurt knitted sandals rule my head, but I don't think it's wrong to expect more from my fella Albion fans. (It's so wrong).

The club want us to wear a mask 'indoors'.
The club would like us to not be knobbers to the minimum wage understaffed student.

Sadly this has to be put in writing, and when it is it's open season on the chief exec.

These are fully formed adults behaving like naughty toddlers, just so embarrassing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here