Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Oops, it isn't coming home and these T-shirts need to find a new home...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What a stupid gamble, if you were going to do it you'd do it before the final, idiots.

Jul 7, 2003
In the US, they often create two lots of merchandise for teams in the finals of big sporting events. The losing team merch then gets sent off around the world via charities

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
They are hideous, if that is the best design someone can come up with i'm glad we lost and he's done his money.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've still got a couple of similar boxes of Shergar t-shirts from 1983 if anyone's interested?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Wow that is monumentally stupid.
Effectively placing a bet on England winning the tournament at a fraction of the available odds.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Do I smell BS? Bought the shirts 2 years ago? Nike hadn't released any clues to the shoulder design 2 years ago unless that's part of the print - if so not very economical? 18,000?

Although I was living in France in '93 when Les Bleus missed out on World Cup qualification (last minute v Bulgaria lol) and a load of their USA '94 merch suddenly appeared on the sale rails at the local Intersport

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
To be fair Admiral apparently had England’s 1974 Munich kit all ready to hit the shops for Xmas 73, until Poland knocked us out in the October 🙈

It was eventually re badged and launched 12 months later.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Go on their website and it looks like they did the same for us in the 1991 Play Off Final. 85% off celebratory Nobo Projector mounts,

Last edited:

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Stealers? Did Palace get to the final of something in 2011?
Dunno, but they got the badges done...

palace_display_image.jpg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Wholesale Clearance UK? I've heard of them somewhen, didn't they have some other item for sale.
Checking their site they have only 340 in stock and at £19.99 each. As they cost less than a fiver to produce I think this is a good scam.
Similar to getting 400 Titanic Maiden Voyage T's printed tomorrow and then selling next week at £19.99 saying you'd missed the boat.
Very clever money making plan, wish I'd thought of it.
Check out the Super League shirts by the way. All just within the law in that it says Manchester on a red shirt rather than United and Tottenham but no Hotspur. Chelsea, Liverpool, Manchester City & Arsenal are place names not football clubs. Think about it.

Last edited:

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, you could look at it like some NSChatters have: ’We would have beaten France, if it weren’t for an unrewarded penalty and Kane hadn’t missed his second‘, we would have beaten Croatia because they ‘cheated’ their way to the semi-final and Morocco ’shouldn’t be there but they got lucky’ and Argentina ‘don’t deserve to be in the final’ because they ‘weren’t good enough to beat Saudi Arabia’ and so ….

de facto England won the 2022 World Cup and these shirts go to prove it 😂

SAC

May 21, 2014
Reminds me of the tat seller outside Carrow Road selling BRIGHTON - CHAMPIONS - WE ARE PREMIERSHIP scarfs. Not sure how many were sold before the match but not many being sold after!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There's no such thing as bad publicity

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here