ooooh, a Royal Wedding

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A friend of a friend spent some of her gap year with Middleton and the future royal claimed she was going to marry Prince William and that was before she had even met him. I wonder what odds she could have got :jester:

halftime

Nov 16, 2010
Have they set a date? I assume July?

Would be great to have the day off. Can't recall but was Charles/Di on a Saturday or weekday?

Bookmakers are punting 13 August next year as a favourite date for this wedding, at odds of 3-1. No day off and a Saturday

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
At times like these I’m glad I live in the States …………..where all the major networks had this bullshit as their lead story this morning – DOH!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Have they set a date? I assume July?

Would be great to have the day off. Can't recall but was Charles/Di on a Saturday or weekday?

It was a weekday. very nice weather and I went to a big do at the (IIRC) Alliance sports and social club in hove, representing Amex at darts. Lost the first match and spent the rest of the day getting pissed on cheap beer in the sunshine and ignoring the telly.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shame they couldn't they just have snook off to Vegas and spared us the upcoming binfests and puke inducing brown nose media repetitive coverage that is gonna ramp up for months.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As Mrs. Merton would have said – “So tell me Kate , what was it that first attracted you to the balding millionaire William who is second in line to the throne?”

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Bookmakers are punting 13 August next year as a favourite date for this wedding, at odds of 3-1. No day off and a Saturday

If that's the case all football games will be moved to the Sunday, or an extra midweek matchday will be made at some point in the season to accomodate the fixtures lost on this weekend.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
In response to Scooter1's post. As a protest then no if your'e a Republican or Poppy Burner. Surely as an act of defiance "they will go to work"....Like hell they will

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
FFS I feel like vomiting already, months of this puke inducing arse licking to look foreward to.

A couple of kids from wealthy families are getting married, probably at the expense of the tax payers when we are suffering the worst cuts in living memory and we are meant to be pleased?

If I'm paying for this toffs piss up I will most definatly have the day off as a small contribution to the vast amount of money this parasitic f***ing family cost every year, and the fact that the whole TV network will be a wall to wall vomit fest for 6 months or more.

And please dont insult me with all the, look how much they bring in shit.

They are an expense we can't afford but whats the chances of having a vote, in a democracy, on keeping them ? Bloody zero, democracy my arse!

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
koo has the news channels mentioned zoo stark yet, ina lovefest review of royal marriages / get togethers, etc..

oops- koo stark, even. now rebranded as kathleen Dee-Anne Stark...
time has not been kind- missing prince andrew's royal jelly, i bet!

hw5.jpg

article-1031011-01CEBED200000578-274_468x462.jpg

Last edited:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
People will be crying into their Daily Mails tomorrow. The comments section online is even more hilarious than usual.

The rush to buy the right hat is on.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
At the time of "we are all in this together" I must admit, even as a Royalist, that this has raised my hackles ever so slightly. I know that the course of true love must run it's course - but not at the expense of the taxpayer that is currently poking extra holes in the belt so it can be tightened ever further. Could they not have waited until the dust from the job-cutting scythe has settled? Royal weddings are "luvverly" and all that, and there will be quotes from salt-of-the-earth old people about how wonderful it all is (and doubtless at least one old bag mentioning the Blitz), but the pomp and circumstance does little to line our pockets. The souvenir market will be cranked up in the Indian potteries as we speak, and the Bangladeshi tea-towel makers will be speechless with anticipation.

Unless they have the reception at the Amex it really is going to have little effect on day to day life. Future king marries bird, they sod off and live in a Married Quarter on Salisbury Plain dropping Army brats? Then again, with a reception at the Amex at least we could be guaranteed the mother of all security operations led by our very own Head of Sit-The-f***-Down-Or-You-Are-Out!

On a plus point - HOLIDAY!

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If that's the case all football games will be moved to the Sunday, or an extra midweek matchday will be made at some point in the season to accomodate the fixtures lost on this weekend.

Why on earth should they postpone football matches though?

I'm sure they're very happy, and the Daily Mail & Express are in a frenzy already. But most of us, if we're honest, really couldn't give a shit, and I doubt most of our footballers would be downing tools to watch the ceremony. Let the old biddies and Royal suck ups like James Whittaker and Jennie Bond enjoy it if they want to but allow the world to keep turning for the other 95% of the population.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why on earth should they postpone football matches though?

I'm sure they're very happy, and the Daily Mail & Express are in a frenzy already. But most of us, if we're honest, really couldn't give a shit, and I doubt most of our footballers would be downing tools to watch the ceremony. Let the old biddies and Royal suck ups like James Whittaker and Jennie Bond enjoy it if they want to but allow the world to keep turning for the other 95% of the population.

What you say is completely true - but it was largely also true when they cancelled an entire Saturday's sport for Diana's funeral.

There would be massive pressure to cancel if it was a Saturday from all the various lickspittles, pressure that should be resisted but I'm not sure it will be.

You know what's going to happen. First league game at Falmer...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It should be a Friday and give us the day off, that way we would be happy to party all day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports