Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Onto Everton then

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Was just discussing this with @hans kraay fan club.

I was concerned that they would come here and park the bus, but he is right - if you look at the table and fixtures, Everton simply can't afford to play for a point.

They are effectively half a point behind Forest (when you consider GD) and a point behind Leeds. But look at the fixtures:

If Forest beat Southampton this weekend, Everton are screwed unless they beat us on Monday. If they come here and park the bus, they deserve to be relegated.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Everton will come for a point. They will take that all day long. They still have Wolves and Muff to play. They will reason they can get the results they need there
I think it is shit or bust on Monday for them, Bournemouth are in reasonable form so no guarantee of a win there

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bet they still will…! I’m really worried for it though - stage of the season where funny results happen and you don’t want to be playing teams fighting for their life down there…

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I think it is shit or bust on Monday for them, Bournemouth are in reasonable form so no guarantee of a win there
Just don't think so.

The others have even tougher games. I think any of those clubs who can find a win in their last 4 games will stay up

They will be looking at away to us as probably in their top 5 hardest games of the season

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
They'll park the bus for the first half. Not a chance they're coming out hung ho from the beginning. But, as we showed last night and many times under RDZ we get more and more relentless as the game goes on. Can see us picking them off in the second half, but no easy games, especially against the scrappers at the bottom.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Will be a tough game and from what Roberto said after the game, we know it. Returns to first team for March and Gross I’d expect.
Wonder when Evan will be back?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton will come for a point. They will take that all day long. They still have Wolves and Muff to play. They will reason they can get the results they need there
It's an odd one. A point at the Amex would be a great result for them, and people will call it a Dyche masterclass and all that.

But the table says otherwise. Their fixtures are far harder than those of Forest - so even if Everton get their draw, it counts for nothing if Forest beat Southampton as they would be effectively 2 and half points behind Forest with 3 to play - with one of those games being Man City.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think the Everton game could be season-defining.
Yeap if we drop points last night will be all for nothing as RDZ hinted at. No wild celebrations in the dress room, they all know a huge 6 games to come...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Crucial thing is not to give them an early goal, if they do we're in for theatrics and bus parking like we've never seen

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
They were dire at Goodison, Dyche>Lampard but it’s still the same players.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
They'll park the bus for the first half. Not a chance they're coming out hung ho from the beginning. But, as we showed last night and many times under RDZ we get more and more relentless as the game goes on. Can see us picking them off in the second half, but no easy games, especially against the scrappers at the bottom.
Yeah, I tend to agree. Whilst I agree they 'need' a win there is no way Dyche of all people is going to say something like "Ok lads, we need a win so it's six up front and we won't bother with a goalie". As you say I think they'll at least start the game very much on the defensive, try and frustrate us and try and nick something on the break - a lot like we would have done under Hughton if the positions were reversed.

Hopefully we will break them down, I think we will, but being a Brighton fan I also, of course, have this fear that it will be Fulham all over again! :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's an odd one. A point at the Amex would be a great result for them, and people will call it a Dyche masterclass and all that.

But the table says otherwise. Their fixtures are far harder than those of Forest - so even if Everton get their draw, it counts for nothing if Forest beat Southampton as they would be effectively 2 and half points behind Forest with 3 to play - with one of those games being Man City.
If they lose to us that's almost it for them you would think. A draw still gives them a fighting chance both the point and the belief. I think Dyche would rather take a fighting chance into their last 2 than risking too much against us. I think he will look at our home defeats this season i.e. Fulham and Villa, and he will happily park the bus in the hope they get a corner / set piece / break away. Even if they go 1 down early, I think his instructions would be to just not let it get to 2 rather than go all out for an equaliser.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just incredible that we're fighting for EUROPEAN FOOTBALL and not our lives in the PL.

Absolutely fricking loving it. Long may it continue.
Yup. Still pinching myself.

Speaking to neutrals, they all think we have European qualification in the bag. Which just makes me more nervous.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I have a bad feeling about Monday.

Have we ever beaten a Dyche side at the Amex?
It's absolutely classic Albion to beat United and Arsenal, but lost to Everton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here