Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Only in America - 26/10/23 another mass shooting

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Pretty much everything.
America is a basket case, and it's all by design. China will be the next superpower as far as financials go.

Blockchain and the new financial system will level things up a lot and you'll see the smaller countries with lots of natural resources benefit - but the BRICS nations (and all the countries who want to jettison the dollar) will emerge as the new kids on the block.

As our tongue is rammed right up the arse of America sadly we will have some pain to endure soon.

It's always darkest before dawn though. We'll have some very hard times, then things will get a lot better. Think of the swinging 60's. We will have those times again.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
We'll have some very hard times, then things will get a lot better. Think of the swinging 60's. We will have those times again.
I hope not. I suppose it's not fashionable to be in praise of wealth, but there is no way I would want to go back to the average spending power of those days. I like foreign holidays, I like cheap and readily available consumer goods, I even like getting a new phone without a 6 month waiting list.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
America is a basket case, and it's all by design. China will be the next superpower as far as financials go.

Blockchain and the new financial system will level things up a lot and you'll see the smaller countries with lots of natural resources benefit - but the BRICS nations (and all the countries who want to jettison the dollar) will emerge as the new kids on the block.

As our tongue is rammed right up the arse of America sadly we will have some pain to endure soon.

It's always darkest before dawn though. We'll have some very hard times, then things will get a lot better. Think of the swinging 60's. We will have those times again.
I’ll hang on to those multi coloured stripey flairs then 😎🧔‍♀️

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia

When authorities arrived at the location, they found several victims shot at the property, police said. Three of the deceased were females and two were males, including the youngest, an 8-year-old boy.

Two female victims were discovered in the bedroom lying on top of two surviving children, authorities told ABC News.

Police said they believe the massacre occurred after neighbors asked the suspect to stop shooting his gun in the front yard because there was a baby trying to sleep.

The narrative on this one has already turned to illegal immigration being the problem as the suspect had previously been deported 4 times since 2009. Of course it's NEVER the guns that are the problem.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
Monday afternoon on a NYC subway, a 25 year old white former marine choked a black homeless man to death. The man was questioned and released, even though the coroner has ruled the cause of death as homicide.

He held him in a chokehold for FIFTEEN minutes, all because the guy was clearly suffering from mental health problems and having a breakdown.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/202...ath-what-we-know-about-subway-choke-hold.html

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Keith Self, a Republican, said "We will never know how many lives were saved by the swift actions of our first responders"

Just think how many lives would be saved by banning the sale of AR 15 style assault rifles.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Suspect identified as Mauricio Garcia, who joined the army in June 2008 but was terminated over mental health issues. Still able to legally buy a gun, after the f***ing MILITARY thought it was a bad idea if he was armed.

This dude has done a deep dive on the shooter

Quite the thread, there's a few posts in there that make it clear he was a white supremacist.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder in the build up to the 2026 World Cup if the media will publish scare stories about the safety to risk of fans attending the tournament as they did for South Africa, Brazil and Russia?
Or the lack of rights afforded to women and the LGBT community, a la Qatar.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
This dude has done a deep dive on the shooter

Quite the thread, there's a few posts in there that make it clear he was a white supremacist.

The first in his gunsights were an entire American-Korean family. He killed the Mum, Dad and 3 year old boy. There was a 5 year old boy who survived but he’s obviously headfucked for life. I don’t normally read about these cos there’s been 22 in the last week alone but this one got to me somehow.

1683670332910.png

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I wonder in the build up to the 2026 World Cup if the media will publish scare stories about the safety to risk of fans attending the tournament as they did for South Africa, Brazil and Russia?
Well for the other venues the advice was easy: don't visit dodgy neighbourhoods, don't antagonise the locals, don't be gay, etc. For America all that applies as well (except possibly being gay where there is a level of tolerance), but there is the very real risk that some nutter might want to make a name for themselves by seeing how many soccer fans they can kill - and will have the weaponry to do it. How can you protect yourselves against that? Probably best not to mention it. (And anyway a good guy with a gun will probably turn up and shoot the baddie before he as a chance to kill TOO many).

However if there are any warnings I wonder if we'll also get the usual misjudged attempts to draw equivalences? "Well Britain's just as bad, we have murders as well y'know."

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you know, you know.

and if you know, you know this is f**kin hilarious.

If you don't know - you owe it to yourself to know.

and whatever you're thinking - you're wrong, it's worse.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
f***ed up person in f***ed up country at it again in Maine

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here