Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 34,000

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Did they? Fair enough, I was convinced we sold more.

On this i am 90% sure,that said,working on the logic that season we had 34,000 from an average of 8,500 odd,factor in that more people go now 27,200 odd,then also equate that from a larger pool of current followers one would expect a larger group of non football friends of said followers to wish to attend "i was there and don't want to miss out mentality"

subtract the off putting current price structure of wembley and hard financial climate and would 34,000 still be enough? sorry for waffling.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Did they? Fair enough, I was convinced we sold more.

The figure I remember was 34,000. On the day we did outnumber the Notts County fans by some stretch.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On this i am 90% sure,that said,working on the logic that season we had 34,000 from an average of 8,500 odd,factor in that more people go now 27,200 odd,then also equate that from a larger pool of current followers one would expect a larger group of non football friends of said followers to wish to attend "i was there and don't want to miss out mentality"

subtract the off putting current price structure of wembley and hard financial climate and would 34,000 still be enough? sorry for waffling.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Why spend £150 (dad with two kids including transport, tickets and food etc.) when you can watch it for free on TV if you're not a committed fan?

We didn't sell our full allocation for the Millennium or home to Derby Thursday night, so surprised by some of the bed wetting coming from some (not you!)

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If people have more important things to do, or Albion is not a high priority in their life, then I'm sorry, they ain't "fans", they are 'interested occasional followers'.

It's on the telly for people like that - they can still fit in their 'other priorities' and won't have to pay the unaffordable train fares or ticket prices either. These people can do what they normally do, stay at home, and/or watch it on the tellybox.

No-one loses out.

As your post is at risk of misinterpretation, are you suggesting that they shouldn't attend matches at all ?

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I'm inclined to agree with you. Why spend £150 (dad with two kids including transport, tickets and food etc.) when you can watch it for free on TV if you're not a committed fan?

We didn't sell our full allocation for the Millennium or home to Derby Thursday night, so surprised by some of the bed wetting coming from some (not you!)

I'm inclined to agree,34,000 should be enough but it would not surprise me if we did somehow take around 40.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm inclined to agree,34,000 should be enough but it would not surprise me if we did somehow take around 40.

I think, in whatever season a play-off final occurred, we would probably be able to take more. The AMEX has brought in a new generation of Albion fans and I think the supporter base, both occasional and, as we know, season ticket holders, is much higher.

A really interesting statistic would be the amount of supporters on the clubs computer who have bought at least one ticket to an Albion game at the AMEX. A figure around 50,000 wouldn't shock me.

southstandSam

May 5, 2014
Its a joke how many folks get Wembley tickets when hundreds have not been to a game for fecking years !!!

I speak to people now who have not been to watch the Rams since we beat WBA at Wembley in 2007

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Against Wigan that could be a possibility as they'll have plenty of returns.

There's just one slight problem though.......

Well,it's a nice problem,besides this will be a good thread to come back to (everything crossed) this evening if we did manage the impossible.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If people have more important things to do, or Albion is not a high priority in their life, then I'm sorry, they ain't "fans", they are 'interested occasional followers'.

It's on the telly for people like that - they can still fit in their 'other priorities' and won't have to pay the unaffordable train fares or ticket prices either. These people can do what they normally do, stay at home, and/or watch it on the tellybox.

No-one loses out.
You really are a sad individual, many of my friends are life long Albion fans but decide that their family is more important to spend their money on than going to football. Does it make them less of a fan? Of course not, going to football is a treat for many people these days due to the high cost of tickets trains etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Do some people ratchet open their skulls, remove their brains, then log in to NSC to start threads!?

FFS, could this not wait until tonight or tomorrow morning when it would be bloody relevant or not!?

Jeez.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
No need for this thread today. It's almost as bad as a banner saying "better luck next year Derby"

You really are a sad individual, many of my friends are life long Albion fans but decide that their family is more important to spend their money on than going to football. Does it make them less of a fan? Of course not, going to football is a treat for many people these days due to the high cost of tickets trains etc.

Spend your money on your family then and watch the game on TV.

What's the problem.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well,in fairness to the OP they did state IF we were to get through,besides there signature says it all.......so what is the problem,you have all been warned...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here