Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 250 quid to [jump the queue for*] the Seven Stars Sports bar.. [* = get in to]

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I cannot stand all these pre and post match scams designed to rid fans of our money. This is why I genuinely preferred matches at Withdean. Yes it was a bit crap, no it couldn't have gone on much longer but neither did we get bombarded with ridiculous offers like this. It's a football stadium, to watch a football match in not ponce about in all day throwing cash around.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Televised games are free in your local pub and very tempting if the trains are screwed. Doesn't help the club but that's where we are at the moment.

So not the best time for a wheeze like this.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I cannot stand all these pre and post match scams designed to rid fans of our money. This is why I genuinely preferred matches at Withdean. Yes it was a bit crap, no it couldn't have gone on much longer but neither did we get bombarded with ridiculous offers like this. It's a football stadium, to watch a football match in not ponce about in all day throwing cash around.

What is the difference for you though?

At the Withdean there was no club bar to have a drink in, so if you preferred the Withdean because it didn't have this stuff, why not just not use this stuff at the Amex, and just go in and out of the turnstile like you did before? Why does it bother you something being on offer that you have no interest in using? :shrug:

Surely the only people upset about this will be the people who regular use the Seven Stars?

As it is, you just had to get home after a game at the Withdean, I do enjoy having a post match pint and hanging around after a game at the Amex. It strikes me that is one thing we have better than every single other club I've been to in the Championship. They are all batten down the hatches at 4.45, whereas we have a great atmosphere for an hour after our games.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
if you are one of these people that takes a rucksack to footie get ready for a hand luggage charge.
whatever next priority speedy turnstiles?

whoever thought this up is a wally

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What is the difference for you though?

At the Withdean there was no club bar to have a drink in, so if you preferred the Withdean because it didn't have this stuff, why not just not use this stuff at the Amex, and just go in and out of the turnstile like you did before? Why does it bother you something being on offer that you have no interest in using? :shrug:

Surely the only people upset about this will be the people who regular use the Seven Stars?

As it is, you just had to get home after a game at the Withdean, I do enjoy having a post match pint and hanging around after a game at the Amex. It strikes me that is one thing we have better than every single other club I've been to in the Championship. They are all batten down the hatches at 4.45, whereas we have a great atmosphere for an hour after our games.

I prefer to get back to my local with the people I came to the match with. I can see why people like spending time there but for me it's a place to watch football, we do have a pint there sometimes if it's a win and the atmosphere is good. It's just not my preference, it's not really up for discussion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I would personally be embarrassed being let in over another punter because I'd paid the ridiculous charge. I hope the scheme bombs as it deserves to, We do not need to create a divide/hierachy in our stadium. You shouldn't have to prove your love for the team by forking out for anything more than a ticket or ST.

matto.75

Jan 21, 2011
are the club that desperate for money, if they are , we are in for one hell of a transfer window

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Who pays £11 to go into a club now, let alone a bar?!! :ffsparr:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The picture of the bar on the club website is entirely accurate. That is how it is going to look in the three hours leading up to every home game.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Knock a few walls down,get the creche stuff out,call it the "The Legends Bar ".....Peter Ward,Fred Binney posters etc on the wall,staff it well and yes charge a premium for the service, ie plenty of seating and big Tvs ,on the food and drink......job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here