Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Only 1 live Sky game..

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
..so far this season. Will we get another, even Rotherham have been on a couple of times?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
*fingers crossed* Preston away on a tuesday night perhaps?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Maybe Ipswich on the last day of the season. They are not going to show mediocre mid-table rubbish.

MID TABLE! :clap2: :clap2:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
West ham at home will be live on SKY, either 5.35pm kick off which is unlikely but will probably be midday on the Saturday or moved to 1pm on the Sunday

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Braders7 said:
*fingers crossed* Preston away on a tuesday night perhaps?

Belongs they do not move the game, I am in Keele that week and will be heading over for that game.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Are we not guaranteed two televised?

Whens out last potential upset match - us against a 'big' team? It'll probably be that.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I posted a couple of questions to insider relating to Sky a couple of months ago.

They are not obliged to show any minimum amount of live games.

Home sides receive £60,000 from Sky for home games, with £10,000 going to the away team.

So we haven't done too well this season (surprise surprise)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I should think our recent form might tip Sky to at least think about a live game before the end of season Promotion games are shown.

I think the Sunderland game could be televised at 5:30.

That would help their fans with not getting up so early!

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Its striking that Bristol City have featured no less than three times on Sky this season (Twice this month - when they are no more than outside play off contenders).

Sky only have a maximum of about 20 First and Second division games for the whole season yet they appear at least thrice.

:angry: :angry:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
Tony Le Mesmer said:
Sky only have a maximum of about 20 First and Second division games for the whole season yet they appear at least thrice.

Is that true? Leeds have been on five times already this season (3 home, 2 away) and that would be a quarter of the whole season game?

Last edited:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ah, but we all know Leeds are by far the biggest, most important club in the Championship, and deserve ALL the attention and/or money.

In fact, I don't know why the rules weren't changed, to enable big teams like Leeds, Wolves and West Ham the automatic right to beat smaller teams like us. Guaranteed promotion, it should be. None of that merit b*llocks.

incidentally I think Rotherham have been on 3 times, somehow. Leeds at home, definitely :lolol: , and Sheffield United at home, but I thought there might have been a 3rd game too.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
So, you dont actually know the answer to the question then?

And yep, Leeds are so big and so great and so important and need so much attention and money they should just be on TV week in week out so everyone can laud over the breathtaking flair and finesse with which they play their football </sarcasm>

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Don't forget they should also be the main story in all the Football League pages in the Sunday papers too.

Teams like Brighton and Rotherham only merit a paragraph at best.

Cos EVERYONE wants to know first and foremost how Leeds and West Ham have played in the small pond that is the Championship.

:lolol: :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here