Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online ticket buying confusion

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Right, I've got the tickets ordered online but what do I print off just the confirmation and that's it or is there separate paper tickets I need to print?

They must come with some kind of Barcode on , no?

Never done print at home before...

D Block blue

Feb 23, 2009
West Sussex la la la
Right, I've got the tickets ordered online but what do I print off just the confirmation and that's it or is there separate paper tickets I need to print?

Never done print at home before...[/QUOTE

Ticket will be emailed to you, may take a few hours for that process to happen. you haven't been charged for this information.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

You will get an order confirmation. Then another email from the club with an attachment showing your ticket, which you print off. Yesterday the club were saying it will take a couple of hours for this to come thru. It took half an hour for me this morning.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thank goodness for this handy and relevant thread to read while I sit on the phone waiting to buy tickets. Gave up online and been on the phone for 32 mins so far. Currently No 4 in the queue! Wonder if IT First, the club's much vaunted IT partner had anything to do with this?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You'll get an email (eventually) with a PDF attachment. You print off the PDF attachment. The PDF attachment has a barcode on. As others have recommended, set your printer to maximum quality before printing and also maybe stick it on your phone as a Plan B.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not bad in the end. Ticket ordered at 1238. Email with PDF received 1403.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Don't sit by the computer holding your breath though. It took NINE HOURS for the first of our "print at home" tickets to come through. Having finally - after 2 hours on the phone and 45 minutes wrangling with the website - managed to buy the second of our 2 tickets, we're not expecting the chance to print it out to arrive much before Monday. What. A. Shambles!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
You'll get an email (eventually) with a PDF attachment. You print off the PDF attachment. The PDF attachment has a barcode on. As others have recommended, set your printer to maximum quality before printing and also maybe stick it on your phone as a Plan B.

This. All quite simple. I ordered last night and printed off earlier today.

I can't be arsed to trawl through all 12 pages or however many there are. I sense there was quite a bit of drama from what I did read? Guess I got lucky? Still, there is clear concise instructions as to how to fold the ticket along the dotted lines in order to fit under the scanner should anyone get flustered and confused by the process.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This. All quite simple. I ordered last night and printed off earlier today.

I can't be arsed to trawl through all 12 pages or however many there are. I sense there was quite a bit of drama from what I did read? Guess I got lucky? Still, there is clear concise instructions as to how to fold the ticket along the dotted lines in order to fit under the scanner should anyone get flustered and confused by the process.

Seems to me that most of the panic is completely valid in that it affects folks trying to book tickets for a group of family/friends who normally sit together for League games. FAC online booking process for such an arrangement appears to be distinctly tricky. Strongly suspect if you didn't have NSC's Finest to guide you through, you'd be a bit stuffed. Hence the queues at the Amex.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I would just like to add what a delightful, friendly and helpful chap took my call. He explained that the system would be upgraded to include downloading on to cards in due course. He also corrected my f&f records for next time. Well done fella.

Yes they are there now, but quite why the recorded announcement says 9.30 when they don't open until after 10.00 is misleading and expensive! I mentioned this when I got through, but I rather suspect they won't bother to change the recording.
Since one of the recordings still advises people to buy things from the Club Shop in Queens Road, you are probably right.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Sorr, should have used the quote button. I didn't get a print my tickets option only a confirmation of purchase summary page with an option to print that out. Tried printing it out twice and just got an alomost blank sheet of paper. I got an email from e-comm confirming the purchase transaction but that is all I have. Has anyone been able to purchase tickets and print them out?

Thats exactly what I got - no actual ticket to print out, and nothing on my "purchase transaction" print out either - its a blank page. When I go back into the site , there is no way of getting the ticket to print as far as I can see... Why is this so difficult? I work in IT, so its not as if Im unused to the technology or anything either !

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield

Ah! Thanks ..... (nothing arrived as yet though)

deckchair

Jan 23, 2009
Thats exactly what I got - no actual ticket to print out, and nothing on my "purchase transaction" print out either - its a blank page. When I go back into the site , there is no way of getting the ticket to print as far as I can see... Why is this so difficult? I work in IT, so its not as if Im unused to the technology or anything either !

you will get email from club with your tkt to print off/download.may take some time to come through.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Anyone know what the heading is on the print at home email? It's pretty obvious presumably? Just wondering, as I bought online yesterday afternoon and haven't seen anything since the original Yespay confirmation.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I lent the club my account last night to help test something. The subsequent password reset they sent so I could use it again took around 9 hours to arrive.

Eventually I got the password reset email for my daughter's logon - ticket now purchased.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Anyone know what the heading is on the print at home email? It's pretty obvious presumably? Just wondering, as I bought online yesterday afternoon and haven't seen anything since the original Yespay confirmation.

Subject Line: Brighton and Hove Albion FC Booking Confirmation

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here