Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online ticket buying confusion

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Didn't we get a new ticketing system at the beginning of the season? Is this another new one or has it still not been sorted despite being 6 months into the season? Whatever it's a right royal f**k up.

2nd Yellow

Jun 17, 2011
Worthing
I might try something like you suggest, when I next have a couple of hours to spare.

In the meantime, I'll simply confirm that the site does know that I am an over-65, because the Price Type of 65+ is what is stated against my name. The option of changing this isn't available.

This is the problem I had trying to buy my son's ticket through his fan number/log in (it wasn't showing on mine). I found that if I did this on his so that it was showing in the basket, then logged out and back in to my fan number log in, the ticket was still in the basket and the red message was no longer there. I then bought it with the F&F as normal without any problems. Not sure if this would work for you obviously but might be worth trying.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
...and as for the article on the club website ARSENAL TICKETS: BE PATIENT! that's just damn right rude.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Wasted a couple of hours trying to get them for myself and 3 other season ticket holders in the family. Initially could not log in and had to change the password after talking to Amex staff on the phone. Then able to get three tickets but missing one, went to pay and refused payment, after a while it showed a message that we were trying to order too many even though we only wanted one ticket per season ticket holder!!
Changed tactics and logged in for each person ordering one by one. Managed two, but to get the others had to change the password before we could order. New password took at least half an hour to be generated to my email account.
Got all tickets in the end. Stressful and never had this problem online before when ordering goods or services.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My brother tried to order his on line but it showed mine and my brother in law but not his so logged off and tried again same thing so tried again and eventually got his to show with mine so bought his. Ridiculous situation.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Sure - leave it for four days and then try. Good luck if you experience anything then, like a lot of people have today.

No, I think I'l wait until Sunday morning at about 7am, just before I go out for a cycle. When next to no one will be on the site...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No, I think I'l wait until Sunday morning at about 7am, just before I go out for a cycle. When next to no one will be on the site...

People on the site has not been an issue for anyone. The new off-site queue system has worked well for pretty much everyone. Ticketing site functionality and the data behind the site has been the issue.

You may be lucky and yours works fine. Alternatively you'll get one/some of the issues that have plagued many others.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
That's appalling. It is nothing to do with the volume of tickets sold, but a system that doesn't work.

You are right I don't deny, but in fairness the 'system' until now has only had to deal with selling a couple of thousand tickets at most for each match. In the case of say Fulham away or Charlton away then 3000 but even still over a few weeks.

Doesn't excuse it but it's not an every week occurrence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You are right I don't deny, but in fairness the 'system' until now has only had to deal with selling a couple of thousand tickets at most for each match. In the case of say Fulham away or Charlton away then 3000 but even still over a few weeks.

Doesn't excuse it but it's not an every week occurrence.

It wouldn't be so bad if the club website said 'Please be patient' but Be Patient is rude.

Besides, which the old system coped ok when we played Prem clubs in the cup previously. Someone has purchased a pile of poo.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
I've never had problems before but struggling at the moment. Me and two sons have ST's. I've linked up both both boys to my account under family and friends. When I log on under my account I get me and the youngest. When I log in uner my eldest's account I get me and him but not the younger one. Confused.

Hopefully they'll get is sorted over the weekend.

When you search for 'how to lnk up family and friends' on google you find a page on the Seagulls website dated 2012 - therefore with information relating to the old ticketing system.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Clicking on reserved tickets then control +f5 seemed to have sorted mine out, as previously mentioned ( just thought I would mention it again unless some didn't know..... Which ofcourse is not an obvious thing to do)

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It wouldn't be so bad if the club website said 'Please be patient' but Be Patient is rude.

Besides, which the old system coped ok when we played Prem clubs in the cup previously. Someone has purchased a pile of poo.
Indeed, imagine this system in the play offs when you have 3-4 days to sell all the tickets!

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
We've actually got other stuff to do this weekend. Like pre-booked going places stuff. So have very little spare time to try and work through what should be a simple system. Right now I'm seriously considering baling out so that at least Lord B gets the chance to see this game. Which, given the amount of footy we've missed this season for other, not very cheery reasons, is not making me cheerful. It sounds a bit pathetic but I'd have just liked to go to this match with my husband without spending a whole weekend trying to make it possible. After all, we are only trying to occupy our own seats!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I've never had problems before but struggling at the moment. Me and two sons have ST's. I've linked up both both boys to my account under family and friends. When I log on under my account I get me and the youngest. When I log in uner my eldest's account I get me and him but not the younger one. Confused.

Hopefully they'll get is sorted over the weekend.

When you search for 'how to lnk up family and friends' on google you find a page on the Seagulls website dated 2012 - therefore with information relating to the old ticketing system.

Why don't you just buy the tickets in two separate transactions ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here