Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brill. One less distraction for Aaron.

Crack on fella.

theboybilly

It's a bit harsh.
It's not like he had an open goal.
It was a shot on target blocked.
Ridiculous for gamblers to blame Connolly for them losing the money that they themselves laid out.

Would you put money on Connolly to score off the bench let alone off the bench with the clock running down? More fool them for taking that risk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The difference to me is that a Twitter response goes directly to the player. An opinion expressed on said player on NSC is on a forum/messageboard and for a player to actively seek it out is like making the mistake of "never read your own press", shirley? Although I agree with much of what you say. However, also noted you can be quite acidic with your comments on here too, as can I, and well most of us!

Personally, i love NSC but don't have an account on twitter, instagram, snapchat. Do have FB but only for marketplace. I don;t really consider NSC as similar or social media really, just a forum.

NSC is well ‘policed’ imho. Not just by the mods, but there’re a load of decent people it seems in the Albion fanbase who jump on bullies and keyboard cowards launching unjustified personal attacks.

Regarding Twatter and Facebook, in an ideal world the likes of AC shouldn’t have to endure scummy people posting scummy comments. He’s not the first, the McCann’s were trolled by sick losers making up stuff. Sadly this isn’t going to change anytime soon, so unless a celeb has the arrogance and thick skin of Piers Morgan, I’d say give up on Twatter and keep Facebook private to trusted associates.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Years ago on the now defunct IMDb forum, I was issued with a death threat because I said that Kirk was a better Star Trek captain than Picard. (And he bloody is, too).

The internet is a wind tunnel of impotent rage and spiteful invective from the world’s losers. The news outlets these days treat Twitter spats and trolling as though they were proper stories. But it’s just the internet being the internet. It won’t be changed. It is what it is.

To paraphrase the computer in WarGames, the only way to win is to not play.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
At least Connolly had the sense to come off social media and leave the abuse where it belongs.. to the losers and retards who take pleasure abusing others behind a screen of anonymity.
Are you listening Mr Rashford? That’s the way to deal with it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At least Connolly had the sense to come off social media and leave the abuse where it belongs.. to the losers and retards who take pleasure abusing others behind a screen of anonymity.
Are you listening Mr Rashford? That’s the way to deal with it.
Ah but Marcus Rashford uses his profile and social media to highlight social injustice. If he is forced to abandon his Twitter account because of the weight of abuse he receives, then that is a form of censorship. And sadly it is in some people's twisted idea of " values" to do so.

Over recent years we have all witnessed the head of steam generated by certain papers regarding Overseas Aid.... " We should be spending that money on our own poor people, not foreigners..." when Rashford points out that people are struggling with poverty the tack shifts to " stupid footballer, there have always been poor people here, they just need to work harder the lazy sods. "

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
As some one who has never used social media, I can't understand why anyone would use it. All I hear about these days is abuse aimed at people on social media platforms.

I’m the same as you I’m not using social media however my wife continually points out that NSC is social media, is she right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
I’m the same as you I’m not using social media however my wife continually points out that NSC is social media, is she right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maybe. I don't consider it to be the same as Twitter as it appears to be better regulated by the mods and I don't recall seeing any nasty abuse from posters.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I’m not sure why footballers look at their social media anyway. Its just for PR and they only ever seem to say “we go again next week” when they lose and “I”m proud of the boys” when they win.

Surely all they need is private social media accounts they can use with friends and family :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe. I don't consider it to be the same as Twitter as it appears to be better regulated by the mods and I don't recall seeing any nasty abuse from posters.

Twitter does regulate tweeters when reported. Donald Trump, Tommy (10 names) Robinson, and Katie Hopkins are all permanently banned. Part of the problem is people give the fools publicity instead of ignoring them.

Nsc has had its share of bullying and posters banned.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It's a bit harsh.
It's not like he had an open goal.
It was a shot on target blocked.
Ridiculous for gamblers to blame Connolly for them losing the money that they themselves laid out.

Gambling is the problem.

NSC has been around a lot longer than 'social media'

Sadly NSC is bigger, greyer and has succumbed to a similar fate, it was a different world 20 years ago.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We all know the problem with Instagram and Twitter is the anonymity of their millions of users.

What is needed is a brand new social media platform offering the same facility but with proper identity authentication. Take away the anonymity and most of the keyboard cowards who post abuse would stop or face the consequences.

With proper id authentication checks, the police could then take a zero tolerance policy approach and prosecute every racist or threatening infringement.

As it stands, the existing social media platforms are reluctant to introduce verification because there are so many fake accounts. Unverified accounts that they rely upon for added revenue. If they were to strip out these accounts, without being forced to do so, their share holders would be up in arms.

The solution is, for a high number of celebrities and sports stars to band together and boycot Twitter and Instagram and only post on this new theoretical id authenticated platform, the other platforms would see a decline in use and be forced to follow suit and get their own houses in order.

Nothing will change until profits are threatened and it becomes more costly to the shareholders of Twitter, and the others, to continue without id authentication.

Its not rocket science, but not simple to do either, but it would stop racist and threatening abuse, plus reduce state sponsored destabilising fake news propaganda.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
The gamblers that bet on 0-2 may be unhappy but there can't be many of them. The gamblers that bet on 0-1 will be happy but there can't be many of them either...

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Twitter can be a toxic place indeed. As somebody stated earlier, automated bots are a huge issue. The clues are often there. Johnsons Facebook page is particularly overrun with them. Random sample below.

Aside Connolly, another who has been on the end of some disgraceful and unacceptable abuse is Duffy. Something has gone horribly wrong with his move to Celtic, However the abuse he is receiving is off the scale of anything acceptable. I had a look at his mentions last week. It was a cesspit. Nobody sportsman deserves that.

Johnson.Bots.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Aaron Connolly has deleted all of his social media after receiving loads of hate and online abuse from loads of Albion "fans", and also lots of gamblers.

"When Aaron Connolly failed to convert a late chance to double Brighton and Hove Albion’s lead against Tottenham, critical fingers moved into overdrive. Never mind that Toby Alderweireld’s outstretched left leg prevented the young substitute from slotting Pascal Gross’s cut-back into a gaping goal from the edge of the six-yard box. Never mind that Brighton still beat Jose Mourinho’s Spurs in stirring, stylish fashion 1-0 at the Amex Stadium on Sunday evening.

That’s what Connolly’s paid all that money for, right? To score goals. It was time to wade in. A combination of anger at Connolly’s “miss” and aggrieved punters who had backed Brighton to win 2-0 produced sufficient levels of vitriol on Twitter for the forward to delete his account. A member of staff at Brighton rang Connolly to make sure he was okay."

https://theathletic.com/2356542/202...jSyeBrUhRy1ACTES3IA1UBfRUJJ7hDUyrXEaUJIP74ucc

As per most of those similar incidents, it's just fvcked-up In-Play betting wankers blaming an honest player playing an honest game for keeping them (as they see it) from their potential winnings. The real evil here is in-play betting. And the cvnts who can't hack losing their In-Play punt :tosser:

There are obvious anti-Irish racists who have accounts on NSC so this doesn’t surprise me one bit

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here