Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Online Argus- my lunchtimes are spoilt now

greengull

Sep 5, 2003
Whats happened to the on-line Argus local news and sports?
My lunchtimes are completely spoilt if I cant get my Albion stories

Beeneys gloves

Jul 7, 2003
How can people buy a copy BB if like myself they dont live in the area?

The Argus are really shooting themselves in the foot over this, making people pay to check out their website, its a joke, wonder how many hits theyr getting a day compared to newspapers theyr selling though?! ???

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
!!!

jeremy beadles hand said:
Maybe we can have a forum on NSC where someone can post the daily Albion news from the argus.

NO NO NO

NSC had a brush with the Argus last year (I think) when people were using Argus pictures in their threads, The Argus is scum leave it alone

Annova Is Pretty decent if you want an unbiased news read

Beeneys gloves said:

The Argus are really shooting themselves in the foot over this, making people pay to check out their website, its a joke, wonder how many hits theyr getting a day compared to newspapers theyr selling though?! ???

Sorry BG. Didn't think of that:(

But hey ho, he can still have his walk!:lolol:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
What's the Argus doing anyway? I can read the Albion news on there fine at the moment. Is this about to change?

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
jeremy beadles hand said:
Maybe we can have a forum on NSC where someone can post the daily Albion news from the argus.

Its usually the other way around, post it here the Argus publishes it.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Beeneys gloves said:

I work in London SE1 and the WH Smiths at London Bridge station do the Argus, so I can get one there. I've done so today, slightly grudgingly, but I do enjoy sitting on the train home reading the reports.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Well pissed off, i'm also not exactly able to pop down the local Newsagents and ask for a copy of " Le Argus". The frogs would probably take the piss for months

Gritt23 said:
I work in London SE1 and the WH Smiths at London Bridge station do the Argus, so I can get one there. I've done so today, slightly grudgingly, but I do enjoy sitting on the train home reading the reports.

well i can never get one from the little wh smiths by platforms 15-18 at victoria - its fulll of fffooookin standards

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What a crap decision by the Argus. Seriously, who's going to stump up £60 for a years subscription, for something they were getting for free before ?

Surely as the number of hits on their site plummets, they will lose out on copious amounts of advertising revenue they were previously getting when everyone could access the site. I can take it or leave it quite honestly. Its a bit of a pain not being able to read it on-line now, but certainly not enough of a pain for me to go out and buy one every day, or subscribe.

Stuff that.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
lets hope they send themselves bankrupt, or at least have to cutback and fire naylor

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
They are really a bunch of CNUTS.
A few of the 'Nationals' tried this stunt and the advertising revenue collapsed overnight, lets hope the same happens here.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here