Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] One point gained or two points dropped

1 gained or 2 lost?

• Total voters

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
For the first 45 two points dropped, for the last 30 mins a point gained and that's what gets my vote.

Sanchez is still very young and will make mistakes, just like every player, but his will be very obvious. However when he does, a few seconds later he will still take the exact same risks and it will have absolutely no effect on his confidence whatsoever.

That is why he will be a top top keeper. All the greatest keepers are weird :wink:

Totally agree, I wasn’t criticising Sanchez, more highlighting how he could make such a howler and then not so many minutes later the world class full length tip round the post.

You’ve got to have the confidence to make the mistakes, else you end up like Ryan did, rooted to his line through fear of getting it wrong.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Weird but hugely enjoyable game. We were by far and away the better team for 20 minutes, then invited pressure, gave away the inevitable goals and then looked by far and away the better team from about 60 onwards. Point about right but in a parallel universe we've walked away 4 or 5 nil winners.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
With the benefit of an hour's contemplation and a glass of wine, I think Liverpool probably just about deserved their point at home against us :)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Definitely a point gained but i can see why Welbeck has posted otherwise on the socials. At what point does his lack of goals become a problem? Should have had 1 maybe 2 today

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Personally disappointed. Two early goals and conceded three soft goals. WTF was Sanchez thinking . Should really know better by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I usually say if you have the lead and let it slip it's two dropped, if you're behind and come back it's a point won. Because we were only one behind and were two ahead and had a number of opportunities to extend that two goal lead, I'm going with 2 dropped.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
I've gone for 2 points dropped, which feels an odd thing to be saying about away to Liverpool.

I accept we were losing at one stage, but overall, I felt we deserved to win. We had decent chances apart from the goals and seemed very comfortable for a lot of the game.

Encouraging for the rest of the games before the WC.

Pretty much sums up how I feel, never going to be disappointed with a point away at Liverpool but somehow I just think it could have been all 3.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I think we are gradually learning to raise our expectations on what our team is capable of, but in reality for most of us we are still punching above our weight, and a point at Anfield whoever you are is a decent result. So point gained for me.

If we keep this level up for the next 15-20 games we may begin to expect a little more :clap:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I wanted to vote BOTH as it is a point gained at the end of the day albeit you can argue you start level so have you gained anything? The way the game went though I was pleased with a point at the end of the day how many teams will score 3 at Anfield? Not many.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wanted to vote BOTH as it is a point gained at the end of the day albeit you can argue you start level so have you gained anything? The way the game went though I was pleased with a point at the end of the day how many teams will score 3 at Anfield? Not many.

Maybe 'we start level so have we gained anything ?'

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
2 pints lost.

Get rid!

Ze Derby.PNG

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I still can’t believe we are where we are and we have threads like this at An****ingfield against a Liverpool team who are amongst the best in the world easily. That’s 3 games at Anfield undefeated now. Pinch me.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It’s Liverpool, at Anfield. That’s a point gained.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Bit disappointed to not win after dominating and being 2 up, we really could have been further ahead, but overall satisfied with an away point. Liverpool have some reasonable players so it’s a solid result.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Just watched the game on sky after listening to it on BHAFC. A draw was fair, yes we were 2 goals ahead but if you watch the game Liverpool had so much of it. Yes they were less incisive but they certainly had their chances.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Definitely a point gained.

Just as a point of order, how do Sky etc classify it?

Obviously, it will be recorded as 1 point gained from a losing position, but do they also consider it as 2 points lost from a winning position which it was earlier in the game?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here