one of the worst penalties ever??

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm surprised they've hyped the Super Cup to such a pedestal, when really it's no more important than one of those trophies teams compete for, over in the Far East during pre-season.

It is a totally meaningless cup that just helps UEFA shift more money for bribes.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
The fact that Jose went to man utd & started the game without a striker would have sent shock waves to me if I was lakuku yet he treated that penalty as if he didn't care if he scored or not.

I didn't see it like that. Thought he cared too much, he was shitting himself.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
Yes it was a poor penalty, but if Neuer had gone the other way it would be praise all-round for such a calmly placed kick.

Like others have said, you can't be faffing about like that though, just pelt it as hard as you can so even if the keeper gets close he still has little chance of stopping it (see pretty much all 9 other spot-kicks)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How the hell can any peno that hits the target be anywhere NEAR the worst pen ever??!! It's a better pen than any of the billions of pens taken around the world that haven't hit the target - FACT! God some of u need football lessons ;)

Was a shit pen yes but no need to over dramatise it!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Seems like a reasonable penalty to me, I don't understand what everyone is talking about. Relatively hard, low, not really far enough in the corner but most of the time it would have gone in and nobody would have mentioned it.

Drimble Wedge

Apr 20, 2013
Seven Dials
It was a bad penalty and his run up didnt suggest he was confident, but I've seen far worse. Adebayor's piss poor 'effort' for Spurs against Basle last year for one?

BuddyBoy

Mar 3, 2013
It was well crap. Massively rubbish. As much as I was rooting for Bayern, I felt for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports