Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One of our own ATTACKED (by scummy Leeds fans) on twitter

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But how much has it really affected Kayleigh's life? She had the option to just turn off and look the other way.

Jamie had personal pictures photshopped in a degrading manner, taxis and pizzas ordered to his house, I'm pretty sure he got in shit with his parents and ultimately someone deleted his website. Whether he started it or not, that is in a totally different league to a few messages on twitter.

Did calling us bummers and saying god hates gays really warrant all that? I know it didn't, and that is partly what made it funny, but I think you're not being objective here because you know one of the people in question and not the other. There definitely is a comparison

It was however the most exciting thing to happen in Stockport in years.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
But how much has it really affected Kayleigh's life? She had the option to just turn off and look the other way.

I'm pretty sure the guy you are talking to doesn't actually know me personally.

And how has it effected me? Well maybe with headaches, some stress, not being able to sleep...oh and then I had the media pursuing and harassing by trying to call me on a number I supplied to them ages ago when I was looking at a course with them, then they decided to give it to ITV yet again without my consent!

Reality is, I didn't want this in the media. I wanted to go about my normal life without people annoying/harassing me, hence why after this happened I completely locked down my twitter so only those who followed me could correspond with me.

Regardless of whether this blows over in a week I didn't particularly want to be in the spotlight at all.

Feb 14, 2010
Not read the entire "oh my life what a drama" as the kids say thread but I expect Leeds fans would probably point to The Bath Arms in Brighton and the White Heart in Leeds and say, well a few keyboard words is one thing but Brighton fans trash pubs and attack people. Just some balance, but will let you all get back to your drama.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I'm pretty sure the guy you are talking to doesn't actually know me personally.

And how has it effected me? Well maybe with headaches, some stress, not being able to sleep...oh and then I had the media pursuing and harassing by trying to call me on a number I supplied to them ages ago when I was looking at a course with them, then they decided to give it to ITV yet again without my consent!

Reality is, I didn't want this in the media. I wanted to go about my normal life without people annoying/harassing me, hence why after this happened I completely locked down my twitter so only those who followed me could correspond with me.

Regardless of whether this blows over in a week I didn't particularly want to be in the spotlight at all.

Sorry, that fact he's using first name terms I assumed you knew each other. I'm not trying to play down your experience, just trying to back up raba's point that a collective on NSC has taken part in cyber bullying as well, and those involed went to much greater lengths than just posting words.

What that Argus tw@ has done is disgraceful. I've personally had an "off the record" discussion with a local reporter that ended up in print, you only make that mistake once - just saying nothing is the only way. It sounds like the media harassment is a bigger cause of stress than the twitter incident.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
FFS, if you can't deal with stuff like this then you shouldn't be using social media.

Surely real life friends and family are all that really matter, do people really get sick with anger over what a faceless username has written on a computer? As others have said, just turn it off. Modern society is getting wierd, the internet has made the youth of today ridiculously insecure.

I would agree with you on this, but it sounds like they were making remarks about her appearance. I agree that being called a "c*nt, pr*ck, w*nker" etc by total strangers is essentially meaningless, but having remarks made about your appearance - which is an area of insecurity for many people - would be hurtful to many, particularly girls.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
While I do not in anyway condone the behaviour of the Leeds fans and it is very wrong to attack somebody via twitter if they were not actaully involved, the fact that this was started by foul and abusive use of language on a world wide platform then what does the person posting the original message expect? Had he said the very same words outside Elland Road on Saturday after the match we all know what the result would have been then.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Its easy to stop this as every electronic gizzmo has an off button.

Or are some people just happy to play the martyr?

this is right I switched both Twitter and facebook off yesterday
I did not use either that much anyway

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
You are being a troublemaker by mentioning a mod with no proof or context.

All the proof is on here unless the mods removed it. Perhaps it was before your time.

theyellowdinosaur

Nov 29, 2011
Versus someone who contributed nothing towards it.
Can't see how that's hypocritical.
Jamie 'started it' and Kayleigh didn't.

Exactly, Jamie came on here, didn't like the replies he got than started doing his best impression of a Danny Dyer 'Hooligan' so of course he's going to get abuse back whereas this girl has said nothing and a group of Yorkshire's finest nutters start abusing a woman, typical leeds scum

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What ever happened to sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me?

People need to grow set and get on with life!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here