One of our own ATTACKED (by scummy Leeds fans) on twitter

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Did they 'Jamie' her as well?

That would have been harsh.

Kayleigh did nothing wrong.
Jamie used homophobic abuse, threatened to kill 'Mr Mero' and told us we'd be going to hell as 'God Hates Gays'

Fail to see the link.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jamie used homophobic abuse and threatened to kill people.

Fail to see the link.
'nothing' is open to debate, but you're right the 'punishment' does seem out of proportion with the 'crime'.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think they were written to her, just to Kev. He should have just blocked them. What's he going to achieve by arguing? It's not a sword fight to defend her honour, it was inviting more people to join in.

If anything, learn your lesson and move on. Don't give these muppets the reaction they want.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Aug 23, 2011
Because having an online account contactable by all leaves yourself open to this.

Having a car leaves you open to having it stolen, is that fair? Why should people have to put up with abuse just because? Yes most of us can take it but some people can't, just look in the news for Hannah smith. There is no excuse for this sort if uncivilised behaviour.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Point to one thing that invalidates the 'nothing'?
Oh and for the record I agree with Kev.

But if people decided to take me to task about that, I'd chalk it up and move on.
Chances are I'd not be calling anyone else a w@nker.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Oh and for the record I agree with Kev.

But if people decided to take me to task about that, I'd chalk it up and move on.
Chances are I'd not be calling anyone else a w@nker.

The point i was making is it was Kev provoking them, not her. Instead of picking on him, they decided to send hundreds of tweets mocking Kayleigh's looks and weight. Real hard men, obviously. So, he felt the need to defend her honour and that just made it worse.

Low-lifes. I'm just glad that she's "furious" rather than anything worse.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
But would any of this happened if they hadn't called McDermott a w@nker?

Prob not but it was a throw away comment that wasn't intended for x hundred Leeds fans benefits... more for his bhafc followers...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The point i was making is it was Kev provoking them, not her. Instead of picking on him, they decided to send hundreds of tweets mocking Kayleigh's looks and weight. Real hard men, obviously. So, he felt the need to defend her honour and that just made it worse.

Low-lifes. I'm just glad that she's "furious" rather than anything worse.
That's bullying for you.

I struggle with the concept of 'well I did nothing wrong'.
Whether it's a cyclist assaulted after 'all I did was bang on the side of a car'.
Or getting into road rage because you gesticulating at the man tooting his horn at you as you hadn't noticed the lights had changed.

Cause and effect, 99.9 times out of 100 the completely innocent victim isn't quite as innocent, as they'd have you believe.

raba

Jun 9, 2013
Jamie used homophobic abuse, threatened to kill 'Mr Mero' and told us we'd be going to hell as 'God Hates Gays'

Fail to see the link.

So someone mouths off on a message board so instead of the 'victims' turning off their computers for a week, a valid suggestion according to this thread, some of your members took it to his doorstep.

Any mock outrage on this board about using social network to mess up someone's life is laughable.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I think ill go to the Argus over all the abuse I've had on here down the years, that'll teach you all.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Is it just me....when someone is subject to this sort of vile shit, why do they not drop off for a period of time until they all go away?

I feel very sorry for kev and his mrs, but surely if you post something that you know can be inflammatory, then you know with the amount of trolls out there that you take a chance.....even michael Vaughan suffered horrendous abuse from Indians, but hey just dropped off for a week or so, they got fed up and he then signed back on and got on with life.

This is the cyber world we all live in now!!!

As this is about me I would like to clarify a few points:

1. I didn't ask for this to printed, so am a little peeved by the Argus printing it without my consent. (And getting my picture of twitter)
2. I never said anything about the game. My only comment after Leeds was 'Typical Brighton starting off with a loss, Ha!' The only other I made was about how it didn't feel like it's the start of the season.
3. What Kev said was inflammatory (Brian McDermott is a w*****esq comment) however they didn't attack him, they attacked me because of a picture. However saying that half of the abuse he got wasn't merited either.

Because of this I've deactivated twitter and Kev's is now on private. Sadly too many people think that this abuse is acceptable because it is online. We've seen the bomb and rape threats made to Caroline Criado-Perez and Stella Creasy, and then the poor girl Hannah Smith who killed herself because of online trolls.

No doubt this will blow over in maybe a week?

Also how did you all know that I was Kev's girlfriend? I'm getting concerned about getting a reputation here...

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
I don't think they were written to her, just to Kev. He should have just blocked them. What's he going to achieve by arguing? It's not a sword fight to defend her honour, it was inviting more people to join in.

If anything, learn your lesson and move on. Don't give these muppets the reaction they want.

Would also like to clarify, he didn't argue back with any of them. I would have gone through and blocked them all but there is a lot of abuse they are not accounting for in that article and I didn't particularly want to continue reading those comments. Let's just say it's stressed me out no end.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
That's bullying for you.

I struggle with the concept of 'well I did nothing wrong'.
Whether it's a cyclist assaulted after 'all I did was bang on the side of a car'.
Or getting into road rage because you gesticulating at the man tooting his horn at you as you hadn't noticed the lights had changed.

Cause and effect, 99.9 times out of 100 the completely innocent victim isn't quite as innocent, as they'd have you believe.

Well let me say I am 100% innocent. As I said my only comment was about how it was typical we started off with a loss. These people never saw my twitter and abused me via a picture of me and Kev on his twitter. He said a comment about Brian McDermott, but that doesn't excuse the abuse I got really does it?

As I clarified before, the argus has actually printed this without my consent so I am thoroughly angry.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Would also like to clarify, he didn't argue back with any of them. I would have gone through and blocked them all but there is a lot of abuse they are not accounting for in that article and I didn't particularly want to continue reading those comments. Let's just say it's stressed me out no end.

Are you ok now though?

Horrible thing to go through, nothing else matters in this story I don't think. Argue the toss about provocation, how to react etc but ultimately it's about someone receiving a load of flak for no reason and that is upsetting.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
Are you ok now though?

Horrible thing to go through, nothing else matters in this story I don't think. Argue the toss about provocation, how to react etc but ultimately it's about someone receiving a load of flak for no reason and that is upsetting.

I'll survive. Just very angry that it can get to that stage and certainly nothing I want to deal with again in my life. Hence why my twitter account is now, sadly, deactivated and Kev's is on private.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Well let me say I am 100% innocent. As I said my only comment was about how it was typical we started off with a loss. These people never saw my twitter and abused me via a picture of me and Kev on his twitter. He said a comment about Brian McDermott, but that doesn't excuse the abuse I got really does it?

As I clarified before, the argus has actually printed this without my consent so I am thoroughly angry.

But the article is written as if you spoke to the Argus reporter. Is this not the case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here