Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"One-nil to the nancyboys!" - police complaint?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Is it?

What do you propose to change that?

Stop being over sensitive about things. People will become numb to it if they are bombarded with it too often. It is pathetic that people have to mind their language so much when most people are clearly reasonable but get called racist, homophobic anti semetic etc just because they have used a certain word, when they are clearly not.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
"One-nil to the nancyboys!" is only ever chanted as a response to genuinely homophobic chants from opposition supporters. It's an assertion by right thinking Albion supporters of our opposition to homophobia. Homophobic Albion supporters (and there are some) don't join in. In fact, some of them come on NSC and complain that they are embarrassed by the chant.

I my experience that's not true, I have heard it and its other variants before a number of times away without anything remotely homophobic being aimed at BHA fans.

You would do well to remember that this song is not a new approach to gay related abuse either, over many many years (in response to abuse) I can recall BHA fans patting their arses, blowing kisses, holding hands, mimicing a cock suck, wolf whistling and gay handing opposition fans. These behaviours were not the consequence of much cerebral deliberation by those involved, they were largely spontaneous reactions which in motive were light hearted and generally humerous.

Your reasoning that now it is only the enlightened progressive types that sing that song it way too considered, frankly there are many who happily sing along to chants merely because others are singing along. Its a standard crowd behaviour dynamic...........that's all.

In exactly the same way I dont think everyone who made monkey noises and sung other shameful songs (by today's more urbane standards) in the North Stand in the 70s and 80s in the Goldstone was a goose stepping, flight jacketted, swastika tatooed Nazi. Most just went along with the ooooo oooooo oooooing because others were.

It is this excuciating over analysis of peoples behaviour that has lead us to where we are today.............a telephone line for the bed wetters to complain about other peoples behaviour.

If the SPURS thing is anti semitic then this song absolutely must be homophobic, and ironically those bigots singing the song will soon be hoisted by their own petard. Merry Christmas.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Firstly, my opinion is that this proposed action re; Spurs is clearly a nonsense, and exactly the kind of misrepresentation of politcal correctness that gives PC a bad name. Proper and proportionate political correctness is a good and positive practical philosophy. It has been responible for much of the good that has happened in this country ver the last 40 yers or so. Despite what The Daily Mail and the more gullible in society say, we live in a far better and fairer world than we have ever done. People are generally more respectful and tolerant towards those different to themselves than they have ever been.

You can draw a direct analogy with another popularist whipping boy - health & safety. Again, proper and proportionate health & safety regulation and enforcement has made all of our workplaces safer places to be. Fewer people are killed or seriously injured at work than they have eve been. This does't however stop misguided individuals or those with an agenda from making decisions for financial or 'fear of civil litigation' reasons that have nothing to do with workplace h&s law from hiding behind it and giving some cheap copy and ammo to the 'elf'n'safety gone mad' lobby.

It was always a danger when PC started getting ino territory like positive discrimination, and sadly this kind of action was an inevitble result. People have cottoned on to the fact that all you need to do now is claim direct or indirect offence at something to get everyone scared shitless of potential litigation, whether the actual law would support that or not. It really is a dangerous game to play as the net result could well be more reactive intollerence.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What a bunch of f***ing knobs the society for black lawyers are, first they complain,about Clattenberg despite the fact none of them were on the pitch( and most likely not even in the ground) to hear what was said and now this. Giving self publicizing groups like this media coverage will only increase any problems. Who the f*** does this twat think he is giving spurs fans till the 20th to stop a particular chant? Isn't there a counter complaint they could make?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
The thing being the N-word is perfectly acceptable to use when it is used within the black community to describe one another. So why is it not acceptable for a group of people that have been vindicated with the term Yid or Nancy-boy to use the term about themselves? It stinks of posh lawyer not liking common footballers so isolating them.

Because (their argument, I don't necessarily agree) we're not reclaiming the word and neither are Spurs as we're not as a group gay or jewish. But a black rapper is using a word about himself and reclaiming it

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We'll all be supporting non-league sides soon if things keep going as they are just so we proper football fans can actually get a proper fix. The game is dying a horrific death.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The thing being the N-word is perfectly acceptable to use when it is used within the black community to describe one another. So why is it not acceptable for a group of people that have been vindicated with the term Yid or Nancy-boy to use the term about themselves? It stinks of posh lawyer not liking common footballers so isolating them.

Pretty sure it's something to do with when Caucasians use the N-word it hearkens back to slavery and inequality.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I think someone should do something about Northampton Town. This fixation with Cobblers is damaging to all those in the shoe industry. The suggestion that all shoemakers in some way have an affinity to Northampton is a disgrace and puts genuine shoemakers living in other towns at risk of victimisation. When will someone do something about this!? I'm calling Peter Herbert.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think someone should do something about Northampton Town. This fixation with Cobblers is damaging to all those in the shoe industry. The suggestion that all shoemakers in some way have an affinity to Northampton is a disgrace and puts genuine shoemakers living in other towns at risk of victimisation. When will someone do something about this!? I'm calling Peter Herbert.

And I've been to Peterborough... they are not Posh! In fact, some were quite common. And don't get me started on Southampton! Not a single Saint amongst them. Not one has even been canonised and on their way to sainthood!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They're already on the case. Gus is sending the team into matches with instructions never to get into a potentially risky one-nil situation until most supporters have left the ground.
If you are refererring to those who clearly have pressing engagements requiring them to make their excuses and leave the East stand with about 20 minutes plus whatever the referee allows for injuries, I mean IF, you are referring to them...well sir, I object to your scurrilous remarks. A chap surely must attend to his social calendar by f***ing pegging it back to the Tuareg or the Yeti or whatever else MPV, SUV troy and cressida get ferried around Steyning or f***ing Findon in,which he has parked (at at a jaunty angle mayhaps) across a disabled bay in the STH car-park. he must do his whilst avoiding the icy stares of the filthy beggars in the other three stands and the hoots and cat-calls of the visiting support who chant "we've got tickets til the end" at your hollister hooded back as it jogs down the stairs, past the bar and into the afternoon sun..
If, on the other hand, you mean that our lot couldnt score in a brothel...hear hear.

actually I'm not sure whats worse. To have no hope or too much? I'd rather be getting a pants down spanking than senselessly prodding around the oppositions penalty area for half the match only to feel all the more crushed when their pisspoor team invariably makes us regret all of our wasted chances by scoring the winner in the 94th minute...

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If it is fine to be one of the Society of Black Lawyers , why is it terrible to be called a black ........... (anything)

"You have to laugh, or else you'll cry - the whole world's mad 'cept you and I"

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
"One-nil to the nancyboys!" is only ever chanted as a response to genuinely homophobic chants from opposition supporters. It's an assertion by right thinking Albion supporters of our opposition to homophobia. Homophobic Albion supporters (and there are some) don't join in. In fact, some of them come on NSC and complain that they are embarrassed by the chant.

Absolutely this!

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352393696.475150.jpg

You won't see these two banners together anywhere else in the world

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
If it is fine to be one of the Society of Black Lawyers , why is it terrible to be called a black ........... (anything)

"You have to laugh, or else you'll cry - the whole world's mad 'cept you and I"

I don't think the Society of Black Lawyers is a derogatory term. That would seem to be rather significant.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here