Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Night in Turin

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think I'd prefer...

[yt]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIkXgfGJ7KY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XIkXgfGJ7KY&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/yt]

:thumbsup:

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Each to their own, but any nostalgia freaks will love One Night in Turin. It's based on Pete Davies' brilliant book All Played Out (now sold under the ONIT title).

It also has fascinating insight into just how bad the relationship between the England team and the media was back then. There is footage of Steve McMahon tearing up the Sun for a BBC News camera at England's training base in Italy.

It is also frightening how badly the Tories let down genuine football fans. Letting innocent fans get beatings in Italy and then applauding the Italian Police for doing it. The Rome riots a few years ago were nothing compared to what went on in Turin the night before England v West Germany, or for that matter the antics of Italian Police in Bologna!

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I thought you were advertising a holiday!

No, a new DVD. Not been advertised a lot, I guess it's a small production company with not a huge budget for ads - but they have done a superb job for a socumentary. Not as good as Do I Not Like That (which will soon be getting another airing, as the greatest piece of fly-on-the-wall TV) but still ticks all the boxes.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wanted to see this at the cinema but it was only on for 1 night only... And possibly only in London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here