Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One dead, several hurt in central London knife attack

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
A terrorist in prison , will eventually have the opportunity to 'convert' other muslims in prison to their savage cause. Their 'work' is far from over while they are alive.

That's why there should be super max prisons just for terrorists so they're isolated from the general prison population.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Surely the point is that those particular terrorists want to die in action, for their 'rewards'. The fact that we don't kill them, could act as a deterrent to others who may be tempted to glory in their 'holy fight'. There's no honour in rotting in a cell.

Yes, of course, that is another way of looking at it, though we have, I think, locked up quite a few these last few years, and that would not seem to be a deterrent. Whilst I don't think prison critics are right when they say life inside is cushy, I also feel that there is no way they will "rot in hell" either. Regular meals, respect for their religion, access to education etc etc will all be readily available and you can bet, in these days when authority is desperate not to be seen as "wacist", medical and dental treatment will be quicker than the average punter's chances of a cataract op.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, of course, that is another way of looking at it, though we have, I think, locked up quite a few these last few years, and that would not seem to be a deterrent. Whilst I don't think prison critics are right when they say life inside is cushy, I also feel that there is no way they will "rot in hell" either. Regular meals, respect for their religion, access to education etc etc will all be readily available and you can bet, in these days when authority is desperate not to be seen as "wacist", medical and dental treatment will be quicker than the average punter's chances of a cataract op.

I didn't say rot in hell. I don't know anyone who has to wait for dental treatment or cataract operations, but that's going off topic.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Somalia is historically a dangerous country and anyone coming from the land of the machete, amputations and hacking people to death is going to have some issues. If we chuck in Islam as their belief system it magnifies their mental instability. Directly or indirectly this attack would probably have been inspired by Islamic extremism whether he has mental health issues or not.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Somalia is historically a dangerous country and anyone coming from the land of the machete, amputations and hacking people to death is going to have some issues. If we chuck in Islam as their belief system it magnifies their mental instability. Directly or indirectly this attack would probably have been inspired by Islamic extremism whether he has mental health issues or not.

My guess he isn't an Evangelical Lutheran.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
It's okay everyone it's not terrorist related as it's some daft Norwegian citizen (Somalia Muslim refugee)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The police are now saying the suspect, who is a Norwegian of Somali origin, does have mental health issues, and there are no signs of radicalisation.

[tweet]761153459433381888[/tweet]

Since she was a US national I suppose Trump will want to build a wall around Russell Square?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
That's why there should be super max prisons just for terrorists so they're isolated from the general prison population.

no decent prisons built for years some rehashed and certainly nobody to man them ..................capital punishment anyone?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

The pirates are beyond evil. Anyone sailing a boat or even on a cruise ship through the Horn of Africa has a death wish. :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here