[Albion] One day for STH 1 tickets to be resold for £400 each

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
From quickly looking through the tickets available in the Brighton end, they all seem to be Club Wembley seats. These could well be debenture seats being sold on, which I think is legit, isn’t it?
I wonder how many people/websites have bought Club Wembley seats with the sole aim of touting them on? Most Wembley events will have decent secondary-market value attached to them.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
This really pisses me off:

Same as tickets for concerts and stuff it just isn’t fair.

Pretty certain I’ll get a ticket the proper way but why can’t people just stop buyIng tickets at stupid prices and stop this nonsense?

(I don’t know it is STH reselling, I’m just guessing but either way someone is making ££‘s)
If you select an option to buy in the Brighton end, they are in blocks 232 - 247 which are Club Wembley seats and not blocks available to buy on the Albion website

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
If you select an option to buy in the Brighton end, they are in blocks 232 - 247 which are Club Wembley seats and not blocks available to buy on the Albion website
ok great! just the manure fans selling their tickets, thats fine then :)

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Dunno why people get so narked about touts. Especially for this game where anyone who wants a ticket and is half switched on will get one legally.

They are just trying to earn a living like everyone else.

If your only option to see an event is to buy a ticket off a tout then surely it's better than not going at all?

I've used touts a lot over the years and invariably for gigs you end up paying under face value if you leave it late enough in the day.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
From quickly looking through the tickets available in the Brighton end, they all seem to be Club Wembley seats. These could well be debenture seats being sold on, which I think is legit, isn’t it?
Yep, agree with this, there is no Brighton tickets for resale on this site.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Dunno why people get so narked about touts. Especially for this game where anyone who wants a ticket and is half switched on will get one legally.

If your only option to see an event is to buy a ticket off a tout then surely it's better than not going at all?

I've used touts a lot over the years and invariably for gigs you end up paying under face value if you leave it late enough in the day.
Weird logic. If tickets weren't bought up en masse and sold at a huge profit on secondary ticketing websites there'd still be just as many people able getting into the events. They just wouldn't be paying over the odds to the scumbag making easy money. There are secondary websites like Twickets where ticket-holders with some sense of morality can pass on ones they don't need for face value.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

It's usually the touts that these tickets you buy off them, turn out to be dodgy, when you turn up at venue, to find they won't let you in.
All that money wasted........!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Weird logic. If tickets weren't bought up en masse and sold at a huge profit on secondary ticketing websites there'd still be just as many people able getting into the events. They just wouldn't be paying over the odds to the scumbag making easy money. There are secondary websites like Twickets where ticket-holders with some sense of morality can pass on ones they don't need for face value.
yeah I dont think saying touts are only trying to make a living really flies tbh, it is nasty - isnt just football, concerts and stuff and shows is just unfair and profiteering

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Good luck to them. As I said they are just trying to earn a living. All the time there is a market for them then they will still be around. Granted it does get a bit more murky when they start using bots. But again they've invested in that technology in the same way they invested time and effort getting connections to get them tickets.

It's usually the touts that these tickets you buy off them, turn out to be dodgy, when you turn up at venue, to find they won't let you in.
All that money wasted........!

Well it's never happened to me but surely that is the risks you take when using those sorts of site.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021
The secondary market because of Manure will be huge, even for a SF. This will be true as the weeks pass, some Albion supporters will sell for a huge profit, it’s not like they’re going to miss out on us lifting the FAC. Expect to see pockets of Manure fans all over if they score.

A few years ago I tried to get LC Final tickets for a Liverpool game. The only sauce were these touts with flashy websites. The prices were sky high and I didn’t trust them …. i.e. turning up on the day and you’d been stung by a fraud.
If you do buy from a tout and are buying 2 tickets, make sure one person gets in first with the other person staying close to the tout. If the person gets in the other ticket should be fine and then pay. I’m not sticking up for touts but a bit of advice if anyone is buying from them.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Given the money people will pay for tickets why not create two Charity areas, one in each half, and sell those say 1,000 tickets, to the highest bidder. At least something good could come from this greed?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Good luck to them. As I said they are just trying to earn a living. All the time there is a market for them then they will still be around. Granted it does get a bit more murky when they start using bots. But again they've invested in that technology in the same way they invested time and effort getting connections to get them tickets.

Well it's never happened to me but surely that is the risks you take when using those sorts of site.
Just trying to earn a living? They've got the money to buy the tickets in the first place. Anyone with a bit of spare cash could make a fortune doing this. Thankfully, most people have some morals.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Looks like anyone can buy any section too. I wonder how many punch ups will be kicking off all around Wembley.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Bottom line 50% of all tickets every single one less a few for players should go to each of the clubs. It makes devalues the FA Cup

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If you do buy from a tout and are buying 2 tickets, make sure one person gets in first with the other person staying close to the tout. If the person gets in the other ticket should be fine and then pay. I’m not sticking up for touts but a bit of advice if anyone is buying from them.
The tout will be long gone

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
I do understand the frustration on here regarding touts.

But a different perspective- I’ve bought tickets from touts before at The Cheltenham festival, Royal Ascot and The Derby when the enclosure I want to attend has been sold out. I haven’t bought a touted ticket for football before but living so far away from Brighton now I am very low priority Albion+ …. If all I can get on Tuesday is up in the Gods then I probably won’t go - especially as godawful kick off time means it is touch and go for me getting a train home and extra time definitely leaves me stranded.

I honestly wouldn’t blink at paying top dollar for top seats from a tout to see Albion at Wembley

Rightly or wrongly

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Long boring story of teen angst, lead to me buying Wembley tickets off a Ukrainian selling via a ticket tout. £450 for my wife and kids to see Harry Fecking Styles. My wife was bricking it, assumed they were fakes and she'd be turned away and our daughters hearts torn asunder. She was ecstatic when they all got in, no questions asked.
They had such an amazing time it was hard to feel I'd spunked the money on some talentless knob.
Also feel like I've given my fair share to help the Ukrainian war effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports