Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One-armed weather presenter on BBC regional weather

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I guess only the BBC would do this. What next?

Yep, it's fair to say that ONLY the BBC would have a one-armed weather presenter on BBC regional weather.

Talk about stating the obvious!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I do miss Rachel though.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think after the exposure the Paralympians have had over the last 5 years it shows us that people with disabilities are not only our equals but in many, many cases, superior to able bodied people in many ways.
It is also a positive that not only are we seeing people with disabilities doing extraordinary things but also more day to day stuff like weather reporting. People with disabilities are in our lives everyday, no reason whatsoever that they shouldn't be represented on our TV screens.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Delete this thread, it is the most mindless piece of :shit: i have ever seen on this board.
I disagree, I think it's a good thread as it helps show how senseless people can be regarding others with disabilities. Fortunately, the OP seems to be in a minority on here, but if we want things to improve it's probably a good idea to discuss the subject openly.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
surely this is a great opportunity for parents to get their kids to eat all their vegetables......" gobble up your sprouts whitney , otherwise your arms will fall off like the poor girl on playschool "......:mad:
:moo:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
what next? maybe a presenter with one leg or in a wheel chair? as long as they can articulate the weather well, really isnt any issue the number of limbs they poses.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
She has covered West Country forecasts for a while. Shame we feel the need to comment on it but it is outside the norm for TVs in the same way regional accents once were so hopefully in time it will become wholly unremarkable

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Goldstone is one of the few posters on here that I have on my ignore list. I'm presuming this thread has demonstrated that decision to be a wise one.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
No any employer would do this. It just seems some posters are still in the dark ages

I have never seen a one-armed presenter on TV in the USA, or on ITV, or on SKY. The BBC is so fecking politically correct they probably searched the country for disabled weather person after some Tristram decided they had better have on of those. With the BBC you know it's done for no other reason than to make sure they have their quota of disabled, minorities, women, etc.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I have never seen a one-armed presenter on TV in the USA, or on ITV, or on SKY. The BBC is so fecking politically correct they probably searched the country for disabled weather person after some Tristram decided they had better have on of those. With the BBC you know it's done for no other reason than to make sure they have their quota of disabled, minorities, women, etc.

I see that the Equality Act 2010 has passed you by, and you seem to be going out of your way to draw attention to your outdated views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here