Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Once it's all over, are we all going to get along?

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I suspect the answer will be, regardless of result, mostly yes but with vocal minorities doing their very best to make sure we don't.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You're fooling yourself if you think there'll be any soul searching amongst the Euro dictators. The will see it as an endorsement to continue screwing us over with the CAP, the fisheries policy, immigration, ever increasing contributions to the weaker economies etc. etc. They will be laughing their heads off in Brussels as they turn the screw.

I think whichever side "wins", the other side in terms of our own national leadership will need to be far more conciliatory than your post suggests you might be.

I also think that "Europe" itself, whatever the result, will change. Not overnight, but I think we can help shape it, maybe even if we vote out. But we shall see.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I fully expect the Stock Exchange to go in to freefall if the vote is Brexit, however a remain will see it boom for a day or two

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The country? I doubt it, unless the majority (either way) is considerably larger than I currently expect. I think today's result will likely lead to real, long-lasting antipathy and discord, which is hardly conducive to consensus politics.

NSC? Let's just say I've been sharpening my special infraction pencil in anticipation of some members being unable to play nicely with the other kids if they lose.

This led me to look up the difference between 'infraction' and 'infarction'. Turns out the difference is quite big.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If the result is Remain, the Sh1t will really hit the fan when we have half the population of Turkey moving here before Christmas. Or at least that is what the Daily Mail reckons today........ and yes, I am exaggerating slightly.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This led me to look up the difference between 'infraction' and 'infarction'. Turns out the difference is quite big.

Although, judging by some of the PMs I receive, linked rather more closely and rather more frequently than you might imagine.

Jan 30, 2008
Even if Remain prevails I'm concerned that the undercurrent of barefaced racism underpinned by xenophobia, whilst it is always there, has been brought too close to the surface to be easily ignored for a while at least. I expect it to give us some discomfort for a while with the more vociferous Leave proponents using their time in the limelight to create ongoing problems.
Should Leave prevail then the country I choose to call "mine" will be lost forever.
Not a happy view I'm afraid.
unbelievable!!!! it will be lost if we remain FACT :dunce:
regards
DR

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would have thought Gibraltar has had it,whichever way the vote goes.Remain,and Cameron will be forced to cede it-Leave and Spain will take it anyway!Waste of time them even bothering :tantrum:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I fully expect the Stock Exchange to go in to freefall if the vote is Brexit, however a remain will see it boom for a day or two

The consensus is that a Remain win is factored in prices so it is largely downside risk against small upside boost. The FTSE will doubtless go south if Leave wins but that would in my view be a buy signal as overseas earnings will be inflated by a sinking £ so FTSE companies will get a free uplift in EPS.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I think whichever side "wins", the other side in terms of our own national leadership will need to be far more conciliatory than your post suggests you might be.

I also think that "Europe" itself, whatever the result, will change. Not overnight, but I think we can help shape it, maybe even if we vote out. But we shall see.

I'm not voting. I have not taken sides. I was giving an objective, unbiased opinion.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
The consensus is that a Remain win is factored in prices so it is largely downside risk against small upside boost. The FTSE will doubtless go south if Leave wins but that would in my view be a buy signal as overseas earnings will be inflated by a sinking £ so FTSE companies will get a free uplift in EPS.

I sincerely hope you're right in the longer turn because I'm expecting at least 10% off the FTSE if BREXIT wins and I really can't afford it not to bounce back within a few months.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Not a copout. I don't live in the UK or the EU. I don't pay taxes in the UK or the EU. So I stayed out of the debate and the vote.

Which does show the importance and significance of today's referendum. It is a UK referendum, but the result affects a lot of other people in a lot of other countries and not just Europe.

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Either REMAIN or OUT it should see the end of Ukip. If Out, there is no need for them and if Remain it shows that the people have spoken. It could pave the way for a new right-wing party, to the right of the Tories.

I suspect that England will vote roughly down the middle and the other parts of the UK will vote solidly to remain. If England votes out and the others remain and the overall vote is out then there will be repercussions for months and years to come. Probably not on NSC though, there is a new season due and referees to blame.

I thought that about the SNP when Scotland voted pretty conclusively (55% to 45%) to stay in the UK but that was clearly wrong and they're even suggesting another vote for independence despite it being touted as a once in a generation referendum!

This vote is likely to be much closer so I'm totally in the dark about the future.....

Seems crazy to me to go through the pain and uncertainty of Brexit without a clear mandate for change and I mean 10%+ at least (and a 70%+ turnout?) but it's too late now!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here