Olympique Lyonnais

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Does anybody here know anything about going to the Stade Gerland? I'm in Lyon at the mo and want to go to their game against Toulouse on Sunday but don't know where is best to sit in the stadium and where is best to avoid. Also does anyone know how to get tickets because I've been trying to find out but its a bloody minefield.

Cheers peeps.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Bonjour

Use Billets concert, foot, rugby, théâtre, parc, tournée, festival,... - Réseau France Billet and you'll be able to book a ticket online fairly easily. Just click on sports > football and you'll see Lyon-Toulouse on the events list. There is a British flag you can click to change the language. If I've understood correctly, you can print out your own ticket ("e-ticket").

If that doesn't work or seems a bit daunting, pop along to the FNAC music store near Place Bellecour (rue de la République) and you should be able to buy one at the ticket counter which is probably on the ground floor.

I've been to Gerland a few times and it's a reasonable stadium. Prices of the tickets might determine where you want to sit but I would choose behind the goal upper level or along the pitch if you want to splash the cash. Sitting in with the Bad Gones fan group (behind the goal lower level) would be an experience not for the faint-hearted - massive surges when they score.

There is quite a nice pub near the ground - Ninkasi - which brews its own beer. Otherwise, the area around the ground is pretty crap.

Have a good time!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Sir, you are a gentleman. Thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports