Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic Torch to go through Brighton on 16 July 2012

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
And what exactly is the point of this stupid exercise?
There's no 'point' really, the same as there's no 'point' in paying money to sit around a field watching twenty two men trying to kick a ball into a couple of string bags.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Coe & Co think that having someone run through your local town carrying a torch will make up for the fact that the majority of events are taking place in London.
Its being sold on the basis that there is an open chance of everyone applying receiving a ticket,it will be interesting to note those who are successful in watching the finals of the athletic events and for example preliminary rounds of Handball,Pistol shooting and Weighlifting.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Coe & Co think that having someone run through your local town carrying a torch will make up for the fact that the majority of events are taking place in London.
Its being sold on the basis that there is an open chance of everyone applying receiving a ticket,it will be interesting to note those who are successful in watching the finals of the athletic events and for example preliminary rounds of Handball,Pistol shooting and Weighlifting.
To be fair though it is the 'London' Olympics not the 'British' Olympics.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Fantastic news - very exciting - Arthur and I will be there. My Mum ran the ParaOlympic torch in Sydney for a mile - very exciting it was too!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
"blow it out, blow it out, blow it out"

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Sally Gunnell & Steve Ovett.

A lap of the Amex should be included, with the stands full of school kids and others.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here