Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Olympic tickets - why did it HAVE to be done online ?

I remember getting 1966 World Cup tickets for all the Group games at Villa Park by just turning up at the ticket booth in Birmingham City Centre and buying them. There wasn't even a queue.

It was the same system they used to sell tickets for the World Cup qualifying game between Portugal and Denmark that Roz and I saw in Lisbon in 2009. Turn up at the stadium the day before the game, buy ticket. No queue.

I blame the marketing industry.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Easy - if you can persuade LOCOG to restart the ticketing process from scratch in line with your proposal, I'm happy to volunteer my house as one of the ticket offices. We live in a terraced street, with no side return, so I could sell tickets from out of the shed in the back garden, with a queue of people snaking through the house, looping around the front room, up and down the stairs. That way, people would be protected from inclement weather, and everyone would get the chance to nip to the loo if they want to at the point when the queue passes the toilet door.

I'm sure plenty of other people would volunteer their homes for this important purpose.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
A fine and magnanimous gesture WnW. Were you to supply the bacon sandwiches, I'd be round your gaff like a rat up a drainpipe.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Easy - if you can persuade LOCOG to restart the ticketing process from scratch in line with your proposal, I'm happy to volunteer my house as one of the ticket offices. We live in a terraced street, with no side return, so I could sell tickets from out of the shed in the back garden, with a queue of people snaking through the house, looping around the front room, up and down the stairs. That way, people would be protected from inclement weather, and everyone would get the chance to nip to the loo if they want to at the point when the queue passes the toilet door.

I'm sure plenty of other people would volunteer their homes for this important purpose.

Have you cleared this with your better half...and can I sell Olympic-related tat in the front garden.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
can I sell Olympic-related tat in the front garden?

Sure, no problem. Also, I've had a word with the Council and they'll flog a burger van a license for £50 a day to have a reserved parking spot outside the house, to fuel those on their way in and out.

I haven't mentioned it to the family yet, though. Thought I'd present them with a fait accompli, once Easy has got LOCOG to agree to all this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here