Olympic Ticket Watch

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
I've just read this on the BBC website. Absolutely incredible. What's the point of making it first-come-first-served if they won't tell you immediately if you've got tickets? A friend and I will again have to double-apply for all the tickets we want, just in the hope of getting some of them. Absolute farce.

Apparently the system isn't set up to deal with real-time ticketing purchasing so while they'll try and update the availability all the time, when it gets down to the small numbers it can get a bit difficult. Therefore they've given themselves 48 hours to sort any problems out and take payment. Shouldn't be a problem for tickets that are high availability if you get in early enough.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Apparently the system isn't set up to deal with real-time ticketing purchasing so while they'll try and update the availability all the time, when it gets down to the small numbers it can get a bit difficult. Therefore they've given themselves 48 hours to sort any problems out and take payment. Shouldn't be a problem for tickets that are high availability if you get in early enough.

This is the biggest joke in the world!

So every football, cricket, concert, theatre can deal with this properly but the Olympics can't. Ridiculous.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Got 4 tickets for basketball prelims

4 tickets for football quarter final at Wembley

2 tickets for the 4x400m final session

may go back and try and get a daytime athletics session too so the kids can go to the olympic stadium (not much choice there though and prices are a bit steep at 95 gbp each). We applied for one but missed out.

I'm happy with that. Football was never going to sell out first time round and basketball actually sold more than I thought it would for the prelims.

And the question has to be asked - why the hell is it not geared up for real-time purchasing? It doesn't even need to charge me in real time - simply allocate the tickets. Given the time and money they'd had to throw at this ticketing system it's a complete fiasco.

I take your point that clearly if I'm online at 6:05am then I know I won't have problems getting things that have plenty of availability - but one of the events I want to apply for has 'limited availability', and I have no idea what that means in terms of number of available tickets. It's supposedly not a ballot but I have absolutely no faith in the organisation of the ticketing system any more - who knows how they're going to allocate tickets?!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

So every football, cricket, concert, theatre can deal with this properly but the Olympics can't. Ridiculous.

But every one of those is dealing with a set ticket for a set seat. for many olympic locations they havn't finalised the seating configuration so they are just being cautious. cant blame them myself. Also they are selling something like 600 sessions as well.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004

I'll quote you on that next time there's a Cup ticket binfest!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
2 x football at the Ricoh

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Over the moon with my tickets.

2x Football - Wembley Stadium - Two preliminary matches

2x Hockey - Hockey Centre - Two preliminary matches

2x Tennis - Wimbledon Centre Court - Semi Finals

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
3 tickets to games at Wembley on the 29 July. Quite underwhelmed, the thought of watching 2 no mark u23 teams from the top tier of Wembley does not excite me

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
Just checked olympic tickets .
Handball couple of games .
Boxing Heavey, Middle,light welter,Bantum and light fly.
Modern pentathalon. Basketball bronze medal game .
Not quiet as i planned but some good stuff to see , i hope
Gutted not to get anything in the stadium ( see whats left and try ) or any Rowing ( Hopefully i can get Rowing through the ARA )

Does any body know if gouverning bodies have a quota of tickets ?

challengechappers

Sep 14, 2005
Three tickets for track cycling (team pursuit and kieran) and two tickets for handball prelims.

I will be buying a lottery ticket this week.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Just checked olympic tickets .
Handball couple of games .
Boxing Heavey, Middle,light welter,Bantum and light fly.
Modern pentathalon. Basketball bronze medal game .
Not quiet as i planned but some good stuff to see , i hope
Gutted not to get anything in the stadium ( see whats left and try ) or any Rowing ( Hopefully i can get Rowing through the ARA )

Does any body know if gouverning bodies have a quota of tickets ?

"Gutted" You've got loads.

galebs

Jan 28, 2008
Bexhill
"Gutted" You've got loads.

Just found out my brother has got tickets for the Hand ball and the Modern Pent on the same day as me . But he also has Archery . Going to have a sit down and work out how we can make the most of the tickets so both familys can see as much as poss.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
3 tickets for the womens 800m freestyle which should see Adlington and Jackson competing for Gold. Nothing else but then I did only apply for one other event. 50% aint bad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports