Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Posh Spice is a slapper
She loves cock as one should
But when she's shagging Beckham
She's thinking of Norwood

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Been saying we should sign Norwood for years. Different kind of midfielder to what we currently have and takes a bloody mean free kick. I would hate to be the team conceding free kicks against us next season with Knockers, Jiri and Norwood in our team

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Strange negativity from some people. Doesn't sound like Norwood's like for like with Stephens, so hopefully it's not a sign he's moving on. Optimistically, Hughton just wants us to be able to play a different way more convincingly, especially when we're leading and want to keep it tight. None of our existing midfielders are particularly strong just in front of the back four. A bit of a variation has got to be a good thing as some opponents will think they've worked out how to beat us off the back of last season. Norwood might not be ahead of our existing first choices, but he's a different option and better than our current back-ups. We were lucky to get away with so few injuries and suspensions in centre-mid last year (until the refereeing debacle at Boro).

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I saw him play for Carlisle against us a few seasons back and he looked class then - Only 18 or so at the time and on loan from Man Utd. This is a great and non budget busting signing. Top work.

I'm pretty sure he scored that day, from a superb free-kick - could be wrong there though :/

Way too much rock and roll since then, the memory fades and the clouds roll in.

We'll still finish 14th though.

Or will we? meh heh ha heh ha meh ha haaaaa etc.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Can he go straight into the team for Saturday? Or is this too soon?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Poor old Ritchie Towell must be wondering why he joined the club.

Not given much of a chance, and his former team ,Dundalk getting through to last qualifying round of the champions league.

Surely Norwood is replacing Crofts?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A word of caution - both the Reading and Huddersfield message boards are distinctly "meh" about Norwood. Even allowing for a degree of bitterness from both of them there is common ground - not fast, not particularly aggressive, not good on the dead ball.

Reading seem to be saying he WAS one of their better performers but in an ordinary side, and his pedestrian passing slowed them down.

I find this slightly surprising when you look at his stats from last season, which show a consistent good performer, lots of passes and high pass completion percentage.

Reading between the lines, I think he sounds like a great option to bring on with 20 mins to go - he'll keep the ball, he'll keep things ticking over, a good deputy for Kayal.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
A word of caution - both the Reading and Huddersfield message boards are distinctly "meh" about Norwood. Even allowing for a degree of bitterness from both of them there is common ground - not fast, not particularly aggressive, not good on the dead ball.

Reading seem to be saying he WAS one of their better performers but in an ordinary side, and his pedestrian passing slowed them down.

I find this slightly surprising when you look at his stats from last season, which show a consistent good performer, lots of passes and high pass completion percentage.

Reading between the lines, I think he sounds like a great option to bring on with 20 mins to go - he'll keep the ball, he'll keep things ticking over, a good deputy for Kayal.

He seems to pick a good pass from midfield.

https://youtu.be/HS0THFExd7M

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
For me Derby with Will Hughes, George Thorne, Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield just edge it by a cats whisker.

But they lose a point purely for Johnson's effing stupid Man Bun.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

That's bullshit for starters. Not that we need to improve in that area, but he's a useful addition when neither Knocky or Skalak aren't on.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here