Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old Trafford evacuated MATCH ABANDONED

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Should re play the game on Friday night.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need one of these fake packages on Monday night, give the players time to recover before the re-scheduled game.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
in all seriousiness, will they reschedule to midweek and risk impacting on the FA Cup, or postpone through to the bank holiday weekend? could play on Saturday or Sunday before/after the playoff final that day.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Good job nothing much matters about the result. A couple of places for Bournemouth - which must be worth a few quid - but ManU will want to rest players (I'd guess).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Good job nothing much matters about the result. A couple of places for Bournemouth - which must be worth a few quid - but ManU will want to rest players (I'd guess).
This has worked nicely in United's favour.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's not good news for us football fans. It means ever more stringent and frequent checks outside grounds before we watch matches. I know it's necessary and I know it doesn't take too long but it's that drip, drip, drip effect of suspicion and surveillance that makes going to football less fun. I dare say that the extra security required will come at a cost too that clubs outside the PL will have to pass onto the fans.

Whoever did this needs locking up for a long time and banned from football grounds for life. Forget hoolies who fight each other in pubs away from the ground, it's scum like this that are the real enemies of football.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
If it was the Islamic State there'd be hundreds dead tonight.

At least if it was the IRA they gave a warning.

I know it's a bit early to draw conclusions but that's what it sounds like. We don't need the Irish against us as well with the tension rising in the last few days.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It was a training device left behind my MUFC's security people.

Someone is in a whole load of shit after this oversight.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
The Daily Mail (yes I know) are running a story that claims it was a dummy left over from a company who carried out an exercise there last week. Clearly better to be safe than sorry but what a bunch of DINS if that is the case.

That what's being reported on BBC news.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Daily Mail (yes I know) are running a story that claims it was a dummy left over from a company who carried out an exercise there last week. Clearly better to be safe than sorry but what a bunch of DINS if that is the case.

On the BBC News too - Greater Manchester Police have just announced that.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath

Confirmed as breaking news on BBC1.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It was a training device left behind my MUFC's security people.

Someone is in a whole load of shit after this oversight.

That what's being reported on BBC news.

On the BBC News too - Greater Manchester Police have just announced that.

How the hell didn't one of their own security people realise as such? Beggars belief that they could/can effectively manage their way out of a paper bag let alone effectively police 76000 people.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
All those Man Utd fans who've travelled from Ireland/Norway/China etc will have every right to be pissed off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here