Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Old Time Radio Shows

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
This is a great find. There used to be a site (radioarchive anyone?) a few years ago that did much the same, but closed after being hacked, and pressured by the Beeb. Let's hope this continues. Much like classic literature that is free to read, there's a lot of radio that in my opinion, should be treated the same way. Splendid, Jack.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This site is gold -so much to listen to. Found Fear On Four which took me back to the eighties- half hour thrillers originally broadcast on Sunday nights from what I remember.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Can someone please do me a favour and see if the 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy' radio series is on there. My work computer doesn't seem to like the site.

Many thanks.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

Just listening to 1987's The News Huddlines Christmas Cracker.

Used to listen to TNH surreptitiously under the duvet before falling asleep.

Ah nostalgia....

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Great post! Remembering Take it from Here featuring the Glums from Sundays long ago when in short trousers. The gormless Ron Glum/Dick Bentley is owed a HUGE debt by Frank Spencer/Michael Crawford.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Bookmarked ! Hours of fun on here. Obviously the comedy is the big thing but there is drama too. I can even remember when everything stopped for ' Journey Into Space' .. and that is here too.
Thanks

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here