Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Old Firm Derby

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
CG just missed a sitter…not that it would have made any difference to the result

Great to have the crowd back for this type of match

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
CG just missed a sitter…not that it would have made any difference to the result

Great to have the crowd back for this type of match

A pity that neither clubs allow away fans any more though, would've spiced it up a bit more.

I don't usually bother with the MTL, but it was a good frenetic game. And helped bring in my Celtic/Hudds/Cardiff treble :)

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
A pity that neither clubs allow away fans any more though, would've spiced it up a bit more.

I don't usually bother with the MTL, but it was a good frenetic game. And helped bring in my Celtic/Hudds/Cardiff treble :)

I didn't know this - what's the point of a "derby" when only one set of fans are let in, how bland.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Easy 10;10162139[B said:
]A pity that neither clubs allow away fans any more though, [/B]would've spiced it up a bit more.

Agreed….they discussed this on TS this morning(?)..both sets of fans who rang in were saying it was up to the opposing lot to sort it out :facepalm:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its amazing how the tables can be turned in Scotland so quickly. Gerrard, his profile is rising as we speak.

Some of these Asian players playing for Celtic are looking good enough to play here to be honest

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I didn't know this - what's the point of a "derby" when only one set of fans are let in, how bland.

Tit-for-tat nonsense after Rangers cancelled the (reduced due to covid) allocation of away fans tickets at Ibrox earlier this season, because Celtic wouldn't give assurances that the numbers would be reciprocated for tonights game. Presumably because back in August nobody knew what the situation would be in February.

All a bit pathetic isn't it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Not that you are biased of course! If he were to be appointed perhaps he would make a move for Maty who he tried to lure to Celtic. Have we ever re-signed a goalkeeper before?

I don't follow Australian soccer at all. Almost no interest in the national team.

I just think he'd be a decent option to replace Potter given the style of play he seems to favour.

And I think you'd find he'd be signing Japanese players more so than Australian ones. He's coached in the J League, he knows players from that region quite well.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Tit-for-tat nonsense after Rangers cancelled the (reduced due to covid) allocation of away fans tickets at Ibrox earlier this season, because Celtic wouldn't give assurances that the numbers would be reciprocated for tonights game. Presumably because back in August nobody knew what the situation would be in February.

All a bit pathetic isn't it.

It’s been going on since 2018 when allocations were reduced to about 800, which was first instigated by Rangers and became tit for tat. This year, with no fans, was put down to covid but both clubs have sold season tickets in the away/day ticket areas of ground so the days of 5-7000 away fans at the old firm derby are sadly long gone. Even a couple of thousand of away fans last night would have notched the atmosphere up even further.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
That was as perfect first half in a derby as you could ever get. The crowd were pumped, Celtic were pumped, they came out and blew Rangers away. The game was over at half- time. I haven't seen Celtic play that well in years and - conversely - I never saw Rangers play that badly under Gerrard.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That was as perfect first half in a derby as you could ever get. The crowd were pumped, Celtic were pumped, they came out and blew Rangers away. The game was over at half- time. I haven't seen Celtic play that well in years and - conversely - I never saw Rangers play that badly under Gerrard.

Not dissimilar to that complete and utter BEASTING we dished out to that filth up the road a couple of seasons ago, when we were 3-0 up at half time (despite being down to 10 men after less than half an hour).

Andone will never have a finer moment in his career.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Must admit for those questioning Gerrards managerial abilities, last night was a great example of 'before' and 'after'.

Although like most title wins, you really need to evolve the squad and I am not sure Rangers have done that. There was already a drop off by some, and a few key players in the last 6 months of their contracts but still playing regularly.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Love the ball boys behind the goal :lolol:

[TWEET]1489207041570873346[/TWEET]

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Agreed….they discussed this on TS this morning(?)..both sets of fans who rang in were saying it was up to the opposing lot to sort it out :facepalm:

Perhaps in the days of huge cost of living factors in our lives it is high time for more away fans to be banned from home stadia for particularly high profile games. The policing cost alone is huge to the taxpayer.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Perhaps in the days of huge cost of living factors in our lives it is high time for more away fans to be banned from home stadia for particularly high profile games. The policing cost alone is huge to the taxpayer.

Absolutely. Also, the needless increase in oxygen consumption caused by people singing and cheering needs to be addressed. In these environmentally perilous times, we can’t afford such luxuries any more. No away fans, complete silence - things need to start heading in this direction sharpish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here