Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] OK. Whose heart sank...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Me.

Big fan of the manager and the way we play, thought we played superb stuff tonight.

But I thought the substitution was a little negative. I’d have been tempted to involve Tau, probably earlier too with his pace.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
His thinking must have been Propper will ensure we don't lose and we may sneak a winner.

Too negative Graham, must try harder. Lewis Dunk saved his blushes right at the death.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
All well and good moaning about Propper coming on

But we still had chances to win the game AFTER he came on, it’s not like his introduction was the start of us putting players behind the ball.

Tonight was firmly on the players, if they want to play in the PL and want PL wages they need to step up and take the chances they are being presented.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
...when the sub we made with 5 minutes to play was announced as being Davy Propper

He nearly set one up though.

Potter obviously thought the players that were out there would score and to be fair it looked like we would for most of the game. Then it was just a case of making sure we kept a point.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
At that point we had played 85 minutes and not scored this game was never a must win but it clearly was a must not lose for that reason bringing Propper on was correct but I would question his choice of player to come off as I thought Gross had run himself into the ground

Yeah, I had no problem with him coming on but I was baffled that Mac went off - he was beginning to get the space to assert himself and was beginning to create things.

I think that Connolly and/or Tau should have come on to run at a tiring defence - Maupay and Trossard weren't going to score if we'd played till Sunday

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Not that I am pessimistic but I watched the repair shop and now the celebrity home cook thing and just checked the result now.

Not surprised in the slightest.

We are so shit at home it’s untrue!

Ah well.

I didn't even realise we were playing until the missus said her SKY Sports app updated with "Brighton couldn't hit a barn door" on their match report :laugh:

I shrugged and carried on with Winterwatch....

Gullzone

Apr 14, 2012
This Green and Pleasant Land
At that point we had played 85 minutes and not scored this game was never a must win but it clearly was a must not lose for that reason bringing Propper on was correct but I would question his choice of player to come off as I thought Gross had run himself into the ground

Gross doesn't run he jogs around in circles

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
He nearly set one up though.

Potter obviously thought the players that were out there would score and to be fair it looked like we would for most of the game. Then it was just a case of making sure we kept a point.

Really? I don’t think too many here were surprised when both Maupay and Trossard fvcked up. In fact when M hit the ball over the bar from 8 yards I called him a few unrepeatable names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Note to self. When you realise it's a bedwetter thread, bail out fast!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here