OK, who has cancelled their direct debit?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
i will never cancel my direct debit unless finances dictate that i have too. I have been supporting the albion since 1976, went to gillingham and have been a season ticket holder for all the withdean years. I fvcking hate these threads.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
I agree it's not great at the moment but if you think 6th from bottom in the Championship is worthy of cancelling your ST you haven't been supporting this club very long.

A lucky 6th. God that football was awful, but there were so many mid-table teams last season that were just as bad.

So the fall in the standard of football and results has been at the Amex for quite a while.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
I pay for mine up front so don't have the option to cancel and wouldn't even consider it if I did. If it only takes a few bad results to make you stop coming then you are not cut out to be a football supporter. Try Chelsea for a bit and see how you get on. If that doesn't do it for you then give rugby or cricket a go.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I would imagine those that didn't renew for this season are feeling fully justified ............ just a thought???
regards
DR
Fully justified to choose to go only if they think the team is doing well? They are poor supporters then. I have no problem with anyone who stops or starts simply out of choice or from a change in circumstance, however to go just because you think a team is good or stop because you think they are bad is very fickle.

Jan 30, 2008
Fully justified to choose to go only if they think the team is doing well? They are poor supporters then. I have no problem with anyone who stops or starts simply out of choice or from a change in circumstance, however to go just because you think a team is good or stop because you think they are bad is very fickle.
hold on ! ,we don't know if these people are choosing their games instead , thought about that one???
regards
DR

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I left at two nil in the last few minutes on Saturday partly due to :drink: and a weak bladder:eek:
I missed our goal while getting a beer in the North but was not bothered due to our :shit: display for the previous 80 minutes

I am now looking forward to Saturday and a coach trip later in the week to Tottenham.
I will not be cancelling anything soon:albion2:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Presumably all those who cancel will be renewing when we win 2 in a row ? Brighton til we lose !

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yes, it does. Read the first sentence of clause 2 of the DD section again.

Where a Direct Debit Ticket Holder elects to pay by Season Ticket Monthly Payments, the Season Ticket Fee shall be due and payable in 12 equal instalments monthly in advance during the Season.

So, if you have a DD for a ST, you have to pay all 12 instalments.

Sorry but it doesn't quite say what you are suggesting at all - it stresses the requirement for 12 monthly payments as opposed to paying in say 7 or 9 installments!
As my earlier post Clause 2 clearly states that you are paying in advance for the games that take place before the next payment is due - the issue of season tickets on that basis is largely to make it easier for the club to predict and control the number of fans entering the ground and to save on ticketing costs on a game by game basis.
Nowhere in any of the T&C's relating to ST's or DD's is the word 'contract' mentioned or a contractual obligation to pay the full value of the season ticket if a fan decides to stop going to games!

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Sorry but it doesn't quite say what you are suggesting at all - it stresses the requirement for 12 monthly payments as opposed to paying in say 7 or 9 installments!
As my earlier post Clause 2 clearly states that you are paying in advance for the games that take place before the next payment is due - the issue of season tickets on that basis is largely to make it easier for the club to predict and control the number of fans entering the ground and to save on ticketing costs on a game by game basis.
Nowhere in any of the T&C's relating to ST's or DD's is the word 'contract' mentioned or a contractual obligation to pay the full value of the season ticket if a fan decides to stop going to games!

We're going to have to agree to disagree. To me, the key phrase in the clause I quoted is "....the Season Ticket Fee shall be due and payable in 12 equal instalments monthly in advance..."

I cannot see how this means anything other than a contractual commitment to, err, pay the ST price in 12 monthly instalments.

Whatever. I'm out.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Conversely we have just been through some of the best times that this club has ever known. Now we have a bad couple of months and the rats are walking the ropes off the ship in droves and queuing up to do it. Oh the drama of a few games where we don't win. We haven't had a good stuffing yet either. Can you imagine the fun on NSC if we lost a game 6-0.

er... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17642969

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports