OK...it has taken me 6 and a half hours to calm down after coming home from the match

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
...but I have just come to terms with the fact that we actually played pretty well against the top side in our division. We held our own and deserved at least a draw...however, I think we should all take stock. We are starting to put performances together which is very encouraging...and IMO the atmosphere at Withdean was the best I have seen it this season (well for 80mins in any event!).

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Yeah I thought the atmosphere was pretty good today. I've only just calmed down too, but i'm getting so sick of being beaten every week at home. As much as i like him and rate him, glenn murray has missed some real sitters this season, particularly today and against colchester at home. IMO all our remaining home games look winnable, apart from perhaps Southampton. Its gona be another nail biting end to the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
May sound weird, but I find coming on here calms me down after a frustrating loss. I find myself making my way home thinking of all the faults I want to rant about, I come on here and the negativity goes to extremes, that leaves me thinking "it wasn't that bad..." and find myself explaining why that's so, instead of writing my planned moans.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I found it hard to take today, that we led for so long and ended up with nothing again. I agree, we are playing ok. In the end I think we ran out of steam having played midweek when Norwich didn't. I am afraid Seb is a waste of space and Gus's subs - together with Michel's decision not to catch a simple punt -probably cost us the match. Why not bring El Abd on for Lua Lua and push the Spaniard into Right midfield? I don't think Hoolahan would have got round the back so easily then.
PG

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
You home fans must be the most stressed in the country, having witnessed only 1 or 2 league victories all season. This is surely the worst record in the country atm.

F*** off!
What is a home fan?
You either support a club or you don't. Stop posting on here and go to Pride Park-good stadium and not a bad lot of fans.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
F*** off!
What is a home fan?
You either support a club or you don't. Stop posting on here and go to Pride Park-good stadium and not a bad lot of fans.

f*** derby i'm not a turncoat. Albion 4 life. Most home fans don't go to your away games FACT! Thats why i said brighton home fans must be the most stressed

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
f*** derby i'm not a turncoat. Albion 4 life. Most home fans don't go to your away games FACT! Thats why i said brighton home fans must be the most stressed

Do us a favour.
After travelling 200 miles to watch a home game and yet another defeat I could do without the bollox about home and away fans. Yes I'll be at Leeds and all "" home ?" fans hate having to watch another Withdean defeat.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Do us a favour.
After travelling 200 miles to watch a home game and yet another defeat I could do without the bollox about home and away fans. Yes I'll be at Leeds and all "" home ?" fans hate having to watch another Withdean defeat.

200 ...??exactly how high up are you on the sussex downs ?

scarby

Feb 16, 2004
wellingborough
game of 2 halves for me, 1st half we played some really goood and encouraging attacking football, what let us down today is the 3 good chances that we had in the 1st half that were not taken.
would of gave the players the belief that we could actually get something from the game. the longer it stayed at 1-0 you could see the them getting back in it..... same old same old:rant:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I still haven't calmed down - can't believe we got nothing from this game (again). Just not good enough to do so much and end up with nothing

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
...but I have just come to terms with the fact that we actually played pretty well against the top side in our division. We held our own and deserved at least a draw...however, I think we should all take stock. We are starting to put performances together which is very encouraging...and IMO the atmosphere at Withdean was the best I have seen it this season (well for 80mins in any event!).

Were you not at the game on Tuesday. We had 20 minutes at the end when we were pressing for a win (when Dicker and Murray came on) but the rest was dreadful against a poor Huddersfield team.

thealbionfan

Oct 6, 2003
Were you not at the game on Tuesday. We had 20 minutes at the end when we were pressing for a win (when Dicker and Murray came on) but the rest was dreadful against a poor Huddersfield team.

Yup, I was at the game on Tuesday...I recall it as I think I lost all feeling in my fingers and toes at one point despite all the layers I was wearing! Agreed match was bizarre as he decided to start with Carole and Dickinson...however, he didn't do this yesterday and the difference was obvious...as long as we keep playing as we did for 80mins yesterday the results will surely follow...and am sure that is what Poyet is telling the team. It would concern me a great deal more if we were not creating chances (majority of game against Huddersfield) and when Carole came on yesterday. If Murray keeps getting the opps then he will start to put them away...Zamora at Fulham springs to mind... I know it is difficult, but please try to keep the faith!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports