Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Oh oh jezzas gone and done it

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Cool

Get Corbyn out, roll in Chukka or Starmer, take the centre ground and get this inept Tory government out.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Speaker has now viewed footage. Lip speakers are of the view he said "stupid woman". No audio available as he was sitting down. "Nobody can be 100% certain". He invites JC to explain. JC on his feet - he says he said "stupid people". "I am completely opposed to sexist and misogenistic language in any form at all". No apology. Andrea Leadsom says "I think that the country and this house will have drawn their own conclusions and I deeply regret that the right honourable gentleman has not seen fit to apologise".

Did Philip Hammond have to apologise or Andrea Leadsom comment on it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Bloody hell what a wally, handing them another excuse to try to deflect that fact they are running the country in to oblivion. I despise every inept tw@t that we have running our country at the moment, red or blue, left or right they all seem to be self centred duckwits.

Wouldn't it be nice if the politicians, actually behaved in a grown up manor and did what was the best for the country, rather then their own career. The reason they don't is because they rich enough not to be affected by the mess they create.
Finally a bit of sense

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I’m confused as to why he can’t say that what he’d just listened to was stupid.

What was he supposed to say?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not read the whole thread but just for my own sanity .....

JC calls TM a 'stupid woman' and that's sexist

but .....

TM calls herself 'a bloody difficult woman' and that isn't ?

World's gone mad !

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 2719

[tweet]1075367222745423878[/tweet]

Does anyone else find her strident voice intensely annoying?

It's not great but put on the rook scarer scale:

Palarse fans scare none off
May would scare 10 off
Lucas would scare off all wildlife within the Brighton and Hove Area for a month.

Thinking about it Lucas wasn't the Withdean 'Screamer' was she ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I’m confused as to why he can’t say that what he’d just listened to was stupid.
It's sexist. Yes she is a woman. Yes he may think she's stupid. To say the two together is sexist, in the same way that saying Bong is black and stinks is racist.

Not really what you want from a party leader. If that is what he said.

D

Deleted member 2719

You know that is not the point at all..and belongs on the swivel eyed looney thread.

The leader of a political party full of women referred to another leader of a political party full of women, inside parliament, as a "stupid woman".

Yes we can all show faux OUTRAGE, but this is actually a bit more serious than that.

Yes she was bloody annoying in PMQ and kept to her script in. Aknock about way, but there are certain lines that our political leaders need to stay within.

He has given up with the 'Uni protesters' and he going for the 'Frank from Huddersfield' voters.

Hope he has squared it with Campbell or he will be soup by morning.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are as many MPs in government doing just that than in opposition. This would be through if she had the support of her own party, plus the members opposite in support of leaving. Disingenuous to say the rest of the house have been too busy trying to **** it up for her when her own MPs have done an amazing job of that on their own.

I include her own MPs trying to **** it up - it was you mentioned 'the rest of the house', not I.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I'm still waiting for " An Economy that Works for Everyone " ! she's not trying to deliver that by the look of it.

I'm not bothering to wait for it - it just sounds like something in an election manifesto, which is worth diddly-squat anyway. We didn't specifically vote for it either; it wasn't in the referendum. The main thing is that she's trying - against Parliament, against the EU, against senior civil servants and the establishment - to deliver what the people did specifically vote for.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
...and just like the recent "twerking" uproar, it's a diversion from the more important points.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm not bothering to wait for it - it just sounds like something in an election manifesto, which is worth diddly-squat anyway. We didn't specifically vote for it either; it wasn't in the referendum. The main thing is that she's trying - against Parliament, against the EU, against senior civil servants and the establishment - to deliver what the people did specifically vote for.

I didn't vote to be poorer.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Just don't understand why he'd want to ('wriggle out'). Just own it. "I called her a stupid woman. She is a woman, and I find her current position on the topic utterly stupid".

The end.

Yep, trust JC to spin and lie like the best (worst) of them.

I don't agree with him on much of anything politically but I did at first believe that he would be an honest person and bring some sincerity into British politics.

How wrong I was.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep, trust JC to spin and lie like the best (worst) of them.

I don't agree with him on much of anything politically but I did at first believe that he would be an honest person and bring some sincerity into British politics.

How wrong I was.

He’s been corrupted by the job and quasi power.

When he first became leader, he clearly stated that he’d end confrontational PMQ’s, lower the actual decibels level, and simply read out heart-felt letters from those struggling in our society. Instead his spiteful advisors have cajoled him into personal attacks made in a mini Nuremburg speech style (playing to the converted gallery). Nothing changed whatsoever.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

When he first became leader, he clearly stated that he’d end confrontational PMQ’s, lower the actual decibels level, and simply read out heart-felt letters from those struggling in our society. Instead his spiteful advisors have cajoled him into personal attacks made in a mini Nuremburg speech style (playing to the converted gallery). Nothing changed whatsoever.

I actually find the current Labour party to be the most manipulative, opportunistic, conceited, sanctimonious, self righteous, spin driven political party I think I have ever seen.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

He did, to much ridicule from the Tory benches, he tried it for a year or so and the tory boys just jeered hearing about nurses using Food Banks, they lapped it up. So now he has tried a slow, clinical and surgical approach to dismantling the Government's position. You seem to overlook the apparently Christian and benevolent Theresa May's replies which often amount to a " Nuremberg " style screeching condemnation of anyone foolish enough to stand up for the lower classes.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
Labour official line : He said "Stupid People"....

Every lip reader in the UK being wheeled out, confirming he 100% certainly said "Stupid Woman"

Politicians.... Default setting : Lie

I think anyone expecting a meltdown in his support among his cultists will be sadly disappointed. However, there is a distinct sense that his grip on Labour power is incrementally draining away. This upcoming Peterborough by-election should be interesting.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Interesting how that troll Bercow kept bringing the house into line for Corbyn but allowed complete abuse towards May.

Because in today's world it's ok to abuse conservative women. The feminists do it all the time.

Yet when you call out some left leaning liberal thing they lose their collective shit in the name of the sisterhood. Hypocrites and charlatans of the highest order.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here