Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Oh Dear!

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Anyone else noticed the amount of ‘your ticket has been updated’ messages being received for tickets in Apple Wallets? I’m not sure what the updates are but I’ve had 6 or 7 updates since the ticket swapped over to Everton

Yeah I got bored of them so turned off notifications. Open wallet, get season ticket up and press button 3 dots in top right corner. Turn off notifications.

IMG_3925.jpg

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I should imagine the company that sold and installed the ticketing system, doubtless based on a guarantee of performance, will be picking up most of that cost.

Same company Albion (and various other PL clubs) used: FortressGB.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
For those of you who have criticised the club over their procedures on entering the Amex just think of those poor Saints fans down at St. Mary’s.

Firstly, many fans who applied for season tickets still have not received them. To allow them to go to the Man Utd game they had to queue up for paper tickets on Saturday to gain entry for yesterday’s match. These season tickets were being sent out by first class post to be delivered - when?

Secondly, there were huge queues to get into St.Mary’s for the game as the readers/scanners checking the tickets did not work. Big arguments then ensued as some stewards allowed fans in after a visual check of their tickets, other stewards refused and those fans then had to go to the ticket office to sort the problem out.

Thirdly, this gigantic cock-up meant that many supporters didn’t get into the ground until well into the first half.

Fourthly, any Covid checks were abandoned for the reasons above.

Finally, all those those who bought tickets for yesterday’s debacle will be refunded and Southampton will be investigating how this enormous shitfest occurred. Their fans are not happy. :drink:

New one on me, late arrivals as to Albions early..............:whistle:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I should imagine the company that sold and installed the ticketing system, doubtless based on a guarantee of performance, will be picking up most of that cost.

Quite possibly. Some of it will depend possibly on who decided the posting schedule, or whatever led to people receiving STs AFTER the first match was played.

Surely they must have realised the post might just be a bit dodgy.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, it was all very smooth and there were no noticeable problems. But that’s the same as Burnley. My point is the Covid safety assurances given by the club turned out to be spin rather than substance. If they weren’t going to staff it sufficiently to follow through on these assurances then they were better off going the same way as Burnley and letting people know in advance it was every man for himself. No dramas.

The covid safety procedures worked surely? Everyone double jabbed and covid passed. I felt completely safe :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here