O'Grady

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Some 'fans' are probably gutted JFC smacked in a couple of penalties last night.

That's just the way of t'internet forums.

spellfast

Jul 14, 2011
Stone Cross
Give the man a chance!! Those who have been fans for a long time may remember Terry Connor who was awful for his first games, I can't remember how long it was before he "got going", but I'm pretty sure he ended up player of the season.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It's been mentioned a lot recently how we don't play the same system under Sami, no need for a big strong target man in the starting line up. COG will provide us with that option against teams who park the bus or as a plan B from the bench. As long as he is understanding of limited opportunities and happy to be a part of the squad, I'd rather that then someone who will moan about not starting and look for football elsewhere

Good post. On a cold, windy quagmire 'somewhere-oop-north-on-a-Tuesday-night-in-January' we'll need the likes of COG. There are many teams in this division who are capable of bullying players like CMS and KLL. In my view, the signing of COG is a shrewd one. He adds something different to the attacking line - not finesse, but a bit of brawn.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
So it seems like now we aren't allowed to say when a player has a crap game? Not writing him off at all, just stating that he happened to be awful last night. I hope he does come good, but i don't see how he will fit into this system.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Give the man a chance!! Those who have been fans for a long time may remember Terry Connor who was awful for his first games, I can't remember how long it was before he "got going", but I'm pretty sure he ended up player of the season.

He was my favourite player for a while after that. Scored some brilliant goals.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
He's OK. Good effort and will score a few. Unlikely to ever really catch the eye but does a job. It is a hard playing alone up front. Ulloa often did not impress doing that, with him it was all about his goals. O'Grady needs a goal or two to boost his confidence.

How many chances were created for him yesterday ?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
He was seriously lacking last night. He looks like more of a rugby player than a footballer. Woeful.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Ok guys I have an idea.

Lets completely destroy the players confidence, lets call him 'barn door', lets boo him when he comes on, and lets lose the club in excess of £1m by destroying their investment.

I wonder who will be the first idiot to apply the 'barn door' tag?

Pathetic isn't it? Fortunately O'Grady doesn't need to prove himself to NSC as a Championship player as he already did it last season scoring 15 goals (and ten the season before that). A useful addition to the squad.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yes but Lopez could control a ball, a skill 5yr olds have generally developed. The ball really does look like it bounces of COG every time.

Yet our fanbase in the main still think the sun shines out of CMS's arse. We spent far more on him and his first touch is woeful.

If we bring in another striker, COG is a decent 4th choice.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
3 games, let's write the poor bloke off and get on his back before he's even had a chance. Was that his 2nd or 3rd start? Blimey. I actually think some people WANT to find something to moan about.

He had a poor game last night I'm not doubting that but let's give him a chance eh, he offers something different.. As I've said before I only hope players don't read NSC.

kjgood

My View

I've seen him twice now and to be honest so far he doesnt look like a championship striker, but he's in an evolving team and needs time to settle and show what he can do. He did score a reasonable amount of goals last year in a team that was struggling. He tries hard and puts a shift in, but appears to lack killer pace, he appears big and strong but I was surprised how easily he was knocked off the ball last night against lower league opposition.

Certainly after he went off and we reorganised in midfield and up front we instantly looked far more dangerous, but then we brought on a better class of player behind him. For me he deserves a longer run and a lot more time to settle, find his feet and show what he can do. The jury is still out, but I hope he makes good.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

One of my favourite ever BHA players .... did I see him on the TV at Leicester the other day?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interestingly, O'Grady scored 2 at home to Charlton Athletic last season.

Back then he settled quickly then but only moved across South Yorkshire from Sheff Wed, this move is much more of a change so we've got to give him time to settle and get to know his teammates. I'm sure he'll contribute more than Hoskins / Lita / Obika / Rodriguez and, if so, that'll do for me.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Barn door O'Grady....just doesn't have the same ring about it ???

I prefer Toxteth O'Grady

tumblr_m2c37qt6311qbn2pso1_500.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports