[Albion] Offside?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
In the full picture of this image you can see that the ball is blurred away from Gross’s foot, meaning that the frame is taken AFTER the ball is struck.

An utter farce.
IMG_3645.jpeg

That ball could be a foot and a half past Groß’s foot!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
This is all very tedious.

If Dunk had stayed fully behind the defender he wouldn't have been offside. If the decision is that he was offside, he was offside regardless.

Shit happens.

Get over it.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010

If Dunk had stayed fully behind the defender he wouldn't have been offside. If the decision is that he was offside, he was offside regardless.

Shit happens.

Get over it.
It looks he is behind the defender, that’s why we’re all not very happy. Let’s wait for MOTD and see how many of the independent pundits think this is offside. I suspect it will be none.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I've been staring at the still frame for ages now and if that still is the evidence that Oliver ruled it offside for then it's pathetic because no way can you 100% tell either way,so why rule it offside? The on field decision was a goal, I'm not sure myself after 3 hours of looking at it on and off,I'd certainly say yes 100% offside if I thought it true but that's just gutting for the club and Dunky himself,as he rightly mouthed when the decision was made " that's just bullshit".

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Shit happens.

Get over it.
Lino said onside. Ref said onside. No appeal from Everton.

In the good old days that’s a goal.

Get VAR in the f***ing bin, the sooner the better

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I've been staring at the still frame for ages now and if that still is the evidence that Oliver ruled it offside for then it's pathetic because no way can you 100% tell either way,so why rule it offside? The on field decision was a goal, I'm not sure myself after 3 hours of looking at it on and off,I'd certainly say yes 100% offside if I thought it true but that's just gutting for the club and Dunky himself,as he rightly mouthed when the decision was made " that's just bullshit".
Incredibly frustrating as VAR ruled Newcastle’s goal admissible. There was pretty good evidence it was dodgy with the ball potentially going out of play, a potential offside where no lines were drawn and a possible foul on the Arsenal defender as he was bent over double from behind by big Joe Linton.

Still, there was a doubt so the goal was given.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
What I’ve been looking at is if the line is actually on the ground in the right place. I hadn’t really thought about that before some had pointed it out on this thread.
The line for the defender looks a lot closer to his feet than the line for Dunk, yet they seem to be leaning at a similar angle. Is he really that much taller to make that difference?
How do they decide where the ground is in a picture like that?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I hate VAR anyway and have done from day one, but at times it is useful. But the fractional offsides really get my goat. They cannot possibly do it to this level of accuracy so the benefit of doubt should be given. That’s a goal pre VAR

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Shit happens.

Get over it.
Why bother posting in a thread like this just to tell people to get over it?

Really? What's the point?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports