Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
The other part of this which no one else seems to have picked up is that Tanno's investigation is complete and he is cleared, Gus is complete and he didn't show. Charlie's is STILL ongoing.

This

Bloom always comes across as a decent, easy going bloke and his relationship with Gus prior to this was seemingly great.

I would suggest Poyet is under investigation for something more serious than his post palace comments

For all we know he could have been fiddling expenses (I'm not suggesting he is, I just use that as an example)

One thing I am convinced of though as this breach of contract has nothing to do with football directly.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
At this rate, with three separate investigations, probably a team of lawyers and god knows what else, it's going to end up costing us more than it would have to just sever his contract on day 1.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
Gus, is being represented by Law firm Kingsley Napley who also act
as his agents.
The lawyer dealing with this is Richard fox.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
I would say that the wording in the club statement is significant. Disputed legal dispute indicates the clubs legal team does not agree and final hearing again indicates the club will proceed with or without gus around.

Either way it is having a negative effect on next season.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
This is such a joke now. Losing faith in everyone at this football club. Farcical.
And of course it's us, the fans, that get left in the dark not knowing what the hell is going on. It's been over a month now, this became a pisstake a long, long time ago.

...because you were a co-signature on Gus's contract and deserve to be involved in the discussion???

We are in the dark because it is a requirement for both sides not to prejudice their position by talking about an ongoing dispute.

Grow the f**k up. This isn't about you.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Also the point that most people are missing. Is Poyet was asked to attend a meeting today by his employers, the people that pay his wages. He refused to attend, that in itself is a two fingered salute to his employers and grounds for dismissal.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
its the faceless, quiet one you have got to watch in my experience

That's a tad unfair on Barber, his hands are very tied by the disciplinary procedure. Barber just has to sit there and take it. He cannot come out and publicly defend himself or The Club without appearing to pre-empt the findings. We all know there has been speculation in the media of a rift between Barber and Poyet and/or vice versa. But who has undermined who? Someone on here claimed that Gus was facing 8 charges of breach of contract. Yet he may have acceptable responses to all of those.

There have been a couple of very bland statements form the Club telling us not a lot. Barber may be that bad guy that many NSCers seem to crave but equally Gus may be the problem. Barber may just be doing exactly the job that Tony Bloom employed him to do. You can see potential for a clash between the guy whose role it is to rein in the financial losses verses a manager who is happy to publicly speak about his budget limitations. Bloom appointed them both so its hardly a win/win for anyone, including the Chairman who must be terribly disappointed that given all the positives he has created this is now tarnishing things.

Barber didn't get invited as a pundit on national TV (MotD) 24 hours before his hearing, which was a golden opportunity for Gus to appear all squeaky clean. Yet one of the reasons we believe Gus is in this situation is because he is not very discrete with his public comments. He is adept at using the media for his own means. I am not trying to demonise Gus merely observing what appear to be the facts.

I still haven't ruled out Gus being found not guilty at the hearing or even getting re-instated. However I suspect that a line has been crossed.

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
For me this changes nothing. We are all still none the wiser really to what happened a few weeks back or why Gus didn't attend. I am still 100% on the Gus bus......sadly there seems to be a lot of seats to pick from now tho...

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Also the point that most people are missing. Is Poyet was asked to attend a meeting today by his employers, the people that pay his wages. He refused to attend, that in itself is a two fingered salute to his employers and grounds for dismissal.

No, its because he was advised by his LEGAL TEAM not to attend :facepalm:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

You mean the employers who appear (from his perspective, perhaps) to be attempting to get rid of him without paying him what they had agreed he'd be entitled to, or worse, trying to squeeze more money from him than they are entitled to?

Wouldn't you give two fingered salute to employers like that?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
This is such a joke now. Losing faith in everyone at this football club. Farcical.
And of course it's us, the fans, that get left in the dark not knowing what the hell is going on. It's been over a month now, this became a pisstake a long, long time ago.

we are but mushrooms

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My stance is simply: we don't know enough to judge Poyet. His post match interview is not anything worthy of disciplinary action IMO, it wasn't when I read about it after the game, and it's not now that all this has also happened, that his career aspirations and budget comments over the past three and a half years are being retroactively blown out of proportion by fans who for whatever reason want to hate Poyet (the number of people who start with 'I don't want to hate gus, but...' then follow up with rumour or innuendo or unfounded tosh as their reason for now, finally, reluctantly, turning against him, is amazing). Until I know any differently I will not pass judgement on him or the club, that comments from each party shall be taken with a pinch of salt (both because of the Rashomon effect, and because of the nature of negotiations and the media-based song and dance from both sides that go with it).

There is no evidence that they have had a problem with the comments in the past. I find it difficult to believe that nothing had leaked if there was some action taken against him previously, even if it was just a warning.

I'm not sure why you find it difficult to believe, this is a lot more hyped and there have been no leaks whatsoever. Incidentally I was only providing a hypothetical response. As I've said in other threads, I believe the club should have given him proper media training as soon as he started mentioning 'going to play golf' etc....

Good post though defending your position.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

My word never has one man written so much about something he clearly understands very little of

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports