Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
horncastle-l229-1216017_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
18:37 4th December 2013
ALBION ************** 1
Mar Larusson 71DERBY ****************3
Revan 26, Capitani 57, Thomas 59
Derby County went home with the spoils after securing a 3-1 win over Albion’s under-18s.
The visitors took a first half lead thanks Kurt Revan but Simon Rusk’s side were still in the game as the second half begun.
However two goals in three minutes from Matteo Capitani and Kwame Thomas quashed any hopes of a Seagulls comeback although Ragnar Mar Larusson did reduce the deficit late on.
Rusk admitted that there were still many positive elements to take from the defeat telling seagulls.co.uk,“We put a really young side out but it was a disappointing result. Aspects of the game were really pleasing though and I thought we played some good passing football at times.
“Again, naive goals to concede. Seems to be a repetitive pattern at the minute of conceding very soft, naïve goals and whether you’re young or experienced, it doesn’t matter, we’ve got to make sure we stop that as a team and get back to winning ways.
“I don’t necessarily have any issues with workrate. I think it’s more a little bit of understanding our defensive duties when it matters. However I thought the goal that we scored was outstanding on Saturday.”
Albion: Colquhoun; Barnett (Maguire-Drew 51), Lall, Horncastle, Collar; Benham, Wiltshire (Harris 64), Hutchinson (Starkey 64); Mar Larusson, Davis, Tighe. Not used: Deen, Pring.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports