Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
stenning-award-ld229-2842237_478x359.jpg

Kim Stenning with one of her awards.

PUBLISHED
15:00 8th December 2015
by Richard Morris
It is a real team effort and this award is really for everyone who helps out, not just me."
Kim Stenning

Kim Stenning has won a hat-trick of awards for her work with Albion in the Community (AITC), aiming to encourage more girls to play football.
Stenning is the girls’ participation officer at Albion in the Community (AITC) and clinched three awards in the space of a week.
She was named Coach of the Year at the Sussex Sports Awards, won the Champion of the Women’s Game gong at the Football for Good Awards and received the FA’s We Can Play participation award.
Having been instrumental in the launch of a female football development programme, Stenning has helped 490 girls complete a ten-week football training course in the last 12 months. She has also worked with more than 250 girls at after school clubs, Saturday morning football sessions and the charity’s talent centres.
And as well as those football sessions, Kim has been behind a host of pioneering projects, including Zumba ® fitness football sessions, which combine a dance work-out and football, and have proved to be hugely-popular.
The first session was attended by more than 75 women aged between 14 and 70 and Kim now runs classes in local leisure centres and universities.

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

She also organises drop-in football sessions for women returning to the game; and regularly provides free coaching and guidance to people coaching local girls’ and women’s teams.In fact, such is her expertise that Kim now heads a regional body helping other professional and amateur football clubs develop the female side of the game.
The modest AITC coach did not expect to receive such recognition, but was delighted that the charity’s work was being recognised outside of Sussex.
She said: “The other people I was up against were all doing really good work so I didn’t think I had a chanc,e but it is great to know other people are aware of what we are doing at AITC.
“It is a real team effort and this award is really for everyone who helps out, not just me.
“Seeing girls taking up football, enjoying it and progressing is great. The plan now is to build on what we are doing. We would like to develop an academy system and create opportunities for girls from aged six upwards.”

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS**
[/h]FRIDAY 1ST JANUARY, KICK-OFF 3PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here