Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
poco-l229-3352473_613x460.jpg

Sebastien Pocognoli
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:16 8th October 2016
by Kieran Cleeves
The Belgian full-back was pleased to get a run out on Tuesday.
There’s a lot of competition, and if you want to finish high and get promoted, you need a big squad."
Sebastien Pocognoli
Sebastien Pocognoli was pleased to improve his fitness levels in Brighton & Hove Albion’s Checkatrade Trophy game against Stevenage, and is now eager to stake a claim in the side.The 29-year-old was one of five overage players to play in the game, and expressed his delight at gaining more minutes for the Seagulls.
He said, “I needed this game. I felt good at Ipswich but knew I needed more games, so it was a good opportunity for me to play against good opposition.
“With the young lads, they want to improve to play for the first team, so it was a good level in the game and I tried to find the balance between attacking and defending.
“For me, it’s all about minutes on the pitch. At Ipswich, I told the gaffer I was ready to compete for 90 minutes, and this was an opportunity for me to feel more confidence in my body.
“I really enjoyed it, because they were a good team with a lot of quality, and we tried to keep the ball and remain positive against players with more maturity and experience.
“I haven’t played many games like this in my career, as I’ve played in many bigger games, but in every moment of your career there are games which you need, and this was one I needed.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Belgian loanee highlighted the overall quality in Albion’s first-team squad, and was impressed with their 2-1 victory against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough last week.“There’s a lot of competition, and if you want to finish high and get promoted, you need a big squad. I think every position has good players, and the competition is high.
“It was an outstanding performance, and I really enjoyed watching it from the bench. If we can keep this level of performance for the rest of the season, we have a good chance to fight for promotion."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here