Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
march-goal-l229-2825087_478x359.jpg

Solly March opens the scoring.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 29th November 2015
by James Hilsum
We were holding on a bit in the end, but three points are in the bag and we’re top of the league again, which is great."
Solly March

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Solly March expressed his delight after his strike sent the Seagulls on their way to a crucial three points over Birmingham City.

The 21-year-old broke the deadlock in yesterday’s 2-1 win and gave Blues full-back Jonathan Grounds a torrid time, as Albion went two points clear at the top of the Championship.
He said, “It was a great game. We dominated the first half and I don’t know how they got back into it, but they did and we always make it hard for ourselves.
“We were holding on a bit in the end, but three points are in the bag and we’re top of the league again, which is great.
“For the goal, the ball took all sorts of rebounds and then it bounced up to me, and I put my foot through it. [Tomasz] Kuszczak got a good hand to it, and it took a bit of power to beat him.
“It seemed like I did have the beating of the full-back all the time. You want the ball all the time when you’re getting past the defender, and your team-mates try and get the ball to you quickly.
“Liam [Rosenior] and [Jamie] Murphy seemed to have the beating of the other full-back too and we need to do that every game.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

March revealed that the extra hours on the training pitch are reaping dividends, especially when it comes to set-pieces.
“The more games I play, the more I’ll improve and become more confident. I’ve just got to keep playing games at the best of my ability.
“I’ve been doing a lot after training and been working with the gaffer as well. It takes practice and you develop a rhythm and routine of putting the ball into good areas.
“I just need to get a bit of consistency in my game; I got a few assists from free-kicks last year, but sometimes I over or under hit the ball.
I’ve worked on getting a higher percentage of balls into the box and it’s paying off.”The winger was named Albion’s man-of-the-match and says the morale within the dressing room is sky high.
“It’s great and hopefully there are many more awards to come. It was great to get back into the dressing room and everyone was buzzing.
“It’s good to be back on top of the table. We’ve got a couple of days' rest and then we’ll go again at the start of next week and hopefully have another win against Charlton.”

[h=3]ALBION V CHARLTON ATHLETIC*
[/h]SATURDAY 5TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH*
[/h]SATURDAY 19TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

[h=3]ALBION V IPSWICH TOWN**
[/h]TUESDAY 29TH DECEMBER, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here