Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON SATISFIED WITH A POINT

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
The Albion manager felt a draw was a fair result.

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton was satisfied to claim a 1-1 draw with Aston Villa, as the two sides shared the spoils at the Amex this evening.Glenn Murray scored shortly before half-time to level the game, and Hughton was content with Albion’s performance and felt a draw was the correct result.
He said, “We were very unfortunate to go behind, but we got it back to 1-1 and I was reasonably happy with a point. I genuinely think a draw was a fair result.
“We were up against a very good Villa side that pressed well, but didn’t have much of a goal threat in the first period.
“But as the game grew on, they started to show their quality, especially with the players they were able to bring on.
“Our levels had to be good, and possibly on another occasion this might have been a game we’d have lost, but we certainly didn’t deserve to lose.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Albion boss praised the visitors for their strength in depth, and fully expects the West Midlands club to climb the Sky Bet Championship table.“They have players that came in for big fees to play in the Premier League, so there’s no doubt we played a very good team tonight.
“They have a different level of player, and when you’re up against them, they show in periods what a big threat they are and why they’ll be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.
“I think most people would look at Villa and think they’re in a false position, as they didn’t start the season too well, but we have to look at every game as a difficult game.”
Hughton was pleased with the performance of Albion’s top goalscorer, Murray, and applauded the striker for his notable impact in front of goal.
“He showed some great quality at an ideal time, he was probably the only player in the first half that was going to break the lines.
“We had to show that little bit of creativity, there were other opportunities that we had that went wayward, but he came out with that important bit of quality we needed.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here