Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-3312760_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:11 17th September 2016
by James Hilsum
Albion's manager looked back on a second consecutive victory for his side.
From what I’ve seen, it looked like a penalty and it was going to take something like that to win the game. "
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton reflected on a well-deserved victory over Burton Albion, but admits his side were made to work hard to claim all three points at the Pirelli Stadium.Tomer Hemed’s 88th-minute penalty ensured that Albion claimed back-to-back 1-0 victories, ending a fine week for the Seagulls.
He said, “I don’t think there’s anyone who would say we didn’t deserve the win, but we found it hard work. We did say at half-time that we have to keep persevering to get the openings, but credit to Burton they made it very tough for us.
“Once you get to that late stage of the game you wonder whether it’s going to happen, and if it’s going to take a bit of good fortune. We got that the other night with the goalkeeper’s mistake, otherwise it would have taken a bit of quality.
“From what I’ve seen, it looked like a penalty and it was going to take something like that to win the game.
“It’s been a good week and sometimes you can gain a lot from games that haven’t gone your way, but you’ve found a way to win.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Albion manager explained the reasons behind deploying Jamie Murphy in a more advanced role behind Hemed, with Anthony Knockaert reverting to the wing.“We certainly got some movement from the front two and we wanted to get some runs in behind.
“Away from home, we went with Glenn [Murray] and Tomer in the early games and against three today, we needed more movement off the front and something different up top.
“That’s my choice and on another day it will be completely different. We certainly had enough of the ball in good areas and I was happy with that. The only thing I wasn’t happy with was us not being clinical enough in the final third.”
Sam Baldock was left out of the squad today, but Hughton insists this was purely down to tactical reasons and expects the forward to be involved in Tuesday’s EFL Cup tie with Reading.
“Sam was fit, and it was a question of him or [Elvis] Manu, and Manu was a bit more up to speed.
“Sam missed the game on Saturday and on Tuesday, so it was a bit more of me not wanting to take a chance on him. He’s fit and available for next Tuesday.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here