Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-3299978_613x460.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
17:54 10th September 2016
by Paul Camillin
Albion's manager reflected on a frustrating day for his side.
We just weren't good enough today. It was the type of game that when you're not at your best, you need something to spark it."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton tonight had no complaints about the result, and admitted Brentford were the better side, as they triumphed 2-0 at the Amex this afternoon.Albion were stung by the impressive Scott Hogan's two goals either side of half-time, as they slipped to their first home defeat since New Year's Day.
Hughton said, "We just weren't good enough today. It was the type of game that when you're not at your best, you need something to spark it.
"They looked sharper and brighter. We needed that little something in the game that was going to turn it around, but it didn't happen for us.
"We had some good periods and phases of play where we got into the final third, but we needed to put one of those chances away.
"The first goal was really disappointing and a poor goal to concede defensively; the second one was an individual goal, where he showed a bit of individual quality to score.
"The game went, we needed a goal to get us going. They were a good side today; I have no complaints about the result and we were beaten by the better side.
"The periods of time that we did have possession, we needed to make more of it. They were a little more clinical in the final third and created good goalscoring opportunities."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Meanwhile, Hughton also had no complaints about referee Scott Duncan's decision not to award Albion a penalty - after Elvis Manu went to ground in the box under a challenge from Harlee Dean - but did feel the decision to caution the Dutch striker for simulation was wrong."There were some referees who would have given it. I have seen it again and I am not sure if it was a penalty, but it is absolutely not a booking. The lad has obstructed him, once he's played the ball, but I am not sure it is a penalty."
Hughton and his players now have two days to recover ahead of Tuesday night's game against early season pacesetters and table-toppers Huddersfield Town at the Amex (kick-off 7.45pm).
He added, "I've got decisions to make for Tuesday. We're fresh off the back of a poor result and I'll have some thinking to do over the weekend, but we certainly have to do better than what we did today.
"We need to make more of the possession that we have and get back to winning ways as soon as possible. We were up against a good side today, but Huddersfield are in an even better run of form than Brentford, so it is going to be tough."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here