Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HUGHTON: EMPHASIS ON RESULTS

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton says results are the priority.
Chris Hughton says Brighton & Hove Albion need to grind out results in the back-to-back home games against Brentford and Huddersfield if they are to get back to winning ways.
The Seagulls are looking to bounce back from the defeat at Newcastle United before the international break, and although keen for his side to reach a certain level of performance, Hughton says that positive results from these two home fixtures must be the number one priority.
He said, “The first series of games were good and so were the results. We’ve only been unhappy with the level of performance in the last two games, which were the games at Reading and Newcastle.
“Even if we’re not at our best, it’s still just about getting the results. It’s such a strong division and of course there are teams that are expected to be right up there, but this season there will be other strong contenders.
“We face two of them, within four days, that both have a chance of pushing on this season. We know we’re going to have to be on our game; we’re at home and we would certainly like to think we’ve got that little advantage.
“But however we do it, whether it’s a good performance or not, it’s important that we win.”
Hughton is expecting Brentford and early-season pace-setters Huddersfield to pose his team a similar sort of challenge.
He explained, “In the next two home games, we’re up against very similar styles of team. They’re both very expansive and good on the ball, and from what I’ve seen, I think Huddersfield have been excellent.
“You can’t always have things your own way. There are going to be periods of the game where you have to concede possession and accept the opposition are playing better than you.
“But those are periods where you have to make sure you’re solid as a team, don’t concede and then impose your own game on them.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

The Albion boss also praised Lewis Dunk for his performances in the heart of defence this season and is delighted to see the 24-year-old sign a new five-year contract at the club.
“It’s a massive boost for all of us. He’s a player that has come through the system here and developed very well over the years.
“He’s been excellent for me. He’s continuing to develop as a player and as an individual, and I’m really delighted we’ve tied him down to a long contract.
“He showed his maturity last season when he went through a difficult period, where it seemed like every mistake he made was going to get punished, but he came through that and was very good.
“He’s been very good for us this season as well. We’ve been aware of the speculation around him, and right through that period he’s pulled out a great level of performance.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here