Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-l229-2990550_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
18:07 5th March 2016
by Paul Camillin
Albion boss Hughton felt 0-0 draw at Deepdale was a fair result.
On the balance of play, it was generally a fair result, particularly away from home."
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton felt his side picked up a deserved point after a goalless draw at Deepdale today, but said his team needed to do more with the ball to win the game.He also praised keeper David Stockdale, after a second-half save denied Calum Woods a winner for Preston North End.
Hughton told seagulls.co.uk, "On the balance of play, it was generally a fair result, particularly away from home. If we felt we deserved more, then we would say, but I think David Stockdale has made a couple of good saves.
"We had good possession, but probably didn't create enough real good goalscoring chances and a draw was probably a fair result.
"We're frustrated because we had the ball a lot in that final third and on a good pitch, we found it difficult to hold onto it in the areas that really mattered, which would've enabled us to set up more.
"It was a good save by David Stockdale, but he’s been in good form this season. It would've been harsh if that had gone in, because I don’t feel that they as a team deserved to win the game."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Albion twice found a way past Preston keeper Chris Kirkland, but Jamie Murphy and Tomer Hemed were adjudged to be offside, either side of half-time."I think the first one was very close, but there were no complaints about the second one. The angle we got was very close, but I think it was generally a difficult day for the officials and they did well.
"It was a fair result and a good result away from home. We’re on a good run at the moment, so it’s put a little dent in that, with some of the other results as well. We just need to come back stronger in the game on Tuesday.
"If you can’t play as well as you’d like away from home, then you certainly can't afford to lose the game. It’s still momentum and as the season goes on, the games get bigger and bigger, and [on Tuesday] it's another very big game against a team who are close to us."
[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING*
[/h]TUESDAY 15TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V BURNLEY
[/h]SATURDAY 2ND APRIL, KICK-OFF 12.30PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here