Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I got out at 6:30am this morning before the wind and rain started.

10k in 42:48 4 seconds of my pb so in good shape for the Phoenix 10k in July.

Definitely Park Run soon but most likely to be the 20th June before I can run it again.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I got out at 6:30am this morning before the wind and rain started.

10k in 42:48 4 seconds of my pb so in good shape for the Phoenix 10k in July.

Definitely Park Run soon but most likely to be the 20th June before I can run it again.

Good work :thumbsup:

My 10k PB was 43:30 18 months ago and I'll find it tough to do that again.

Back to training again at the beginning of May after gaining a couple of stone over the winter and no fitness.

Currently running 5k in 25:20 (aiming to get back down to 21:30-22:30)
and 2.5k sprints at 11:25 (again, aiming for the 10:30 mark).

I'm hopeful to hit the above by mid-August, although knocking 3 minutes off 5k will take some doing!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Normally an early morning runner but today's intervals will be done after 7pm looking at the weather forecast, Anyone running outside right now is either very committed or needs to be committed.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Normally an early morning runner but today's intervals will be done after 7pm looking at the weather forecast, Anyone running outside right now is either very committed or needs to be committed.

Last night in Bristol was the worst weather I've run in. Truly awful. I think it moved on from here to the East. I bloody loved it and without trying somehow managed my third fastest 5km. My shoes are still wet this morning - I need them to dry out for tonight's effort!

More boringly, this is my May's running summary: http://www.darrenishere.com/monthly-running-report-may-2015/ #obsessed

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Bad night with our youngest, culminating in her screaming at 5:30 this morning, and then getting up with her. Thought about going out for a run (actually, no I didn't), but went back to sleep for a few hours.

To be honest I think I'd already talked myself out of it last night, when we decided to get a curry for dinner!

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Bad night with our youngest, culminating in her screaming at 5:30 this morning, and then getting up with her. Thought about going out for a run (actually, no I didn't), but went back to sleep for a few hours.

To be honest I think I'd already talked myself out of it last night, when we decided to get a curry for dinner!

I swear my younger one knows when I'm planning any kind of morning exercise!

Scarface

Apr 16, 2004
Burgess Hill
Might have to invest in a new holder for my phone then if the iPod isn't very accurate. Especially as it might mean I'm doing better than I thought! i'll take a look at that Strava app too as it looks better than the Runtastic app I have on my phone at the moment.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Might have to invest in a new holder for my phone then if the iPod isn't very accurate. Especially as it might mean I'm doing better than I thought! i'll take a look at that Strava app too as it looks better than the Runtastic app I have on my phone at the moment.
I certainly found the phone was being a but generous with my distance/pace when I switched to a running watch. The phone trace always seems a bit zig zaggy.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Had an email reminding me Brighton Marathon entries for next year close on 9 June. One week to get 'em in Ladies and Gents. Who's IN?

1) Me (bricking it but seemed like a good idea at the time)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had an email reminding me Brighton Marathon entries for next year close on 9 June. One week to get 'em in Ladies and Gents. Who's IN?

Got a cheap entry at the Expo...only race I enter for the next year before I've run this year. Anyway, although it'll 'close', it will reopen again at some point......for about double the price.....

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I certainly found the phone was being a but generous with my distance/pace when I switched to a running watch. The phone trace always seems a bit zig zaggy.

Yup -- my Iphone with RunKeeper recorded my only ever 3 minute kilometre (running up Ditchling Road, so with hills as well...). This was a key factor in influencing me switching to a Garmin watch.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Still blowing a terrible gale out there but at least it;s not raining.

35 min this evening encompassing 5 X 3 minute intervals with 90 seconds jog recovery. MUCH slower coming home in to the wind but even with the jog time in the middle I managed an 8.01 mile and a 5.01 kilometer. Just need to take a couple of seconds off and repeat 6,25 or 10 times on Sunday and I've got my time.

Just 20 mins running planned between now and then so expect me at the bottom of the leaderboard on Strava this week. After that looking to get a bit of distance in so moving gradually up to 10 or 12 mile long runs with a 5 mile maintenance run and a mixture of Fartlek or hills to make three runs a week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
#juneathon Day 2: easy-paced magical mystery tour of South Bristol: http://www.darrenishere.com/juneathon-day-1-easy-paced-magical-mystery-tour-of-south-bristol/

I didn't want to go out and really enjoyed it. I'm loving my running right now.

Ashton Gate.jpg

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Yep, signed up when I went to register for this year's 10k. Brighton, then London, back-to-back for me :thumbsup:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I'm currently on holiday at Butlins, so I took the opportunity to run along the promenade for a few miles. It was quite fun running on the level for a change, though I could have done with a little longer to let my dinner go down - that reminded me why I prefer to run on empty!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It was a wise decision when isolated on the way back to the car at Hereford in 1997.

Always good to stay well trained, never know when you might need it [emoji3]

I'm in full tapering mode now and I HATE it. Feel lethargic, bloated and basically a bit sh1t (all perfectly normal but not pleasant). Will do about 30m this week (and last), so about half of what has been 'normal' for a few months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here