Official Running Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Still had no other confirmation of Weakest Link being next week. I'll try and find out tonight as having a Sussex club track meet.
I'm doing the 400m, 1500m and second leg of a 200 metre mixed relay. It will be hard as have had little running for 3-4 weeks and not much before that.
The highlight will by my attempt at the javelin. Haven't done it since 1974 but had a little practice on Hove Lawns to day with a broom handle. I was rubbish. Luckily [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] ran by just as I was about to start and missed me looking like an angry nutter.

D

Deleted member 2719

I saw a bloke running wearing a full-on woolley red bobble hat today in Selsey............what's that all about???

Does anybody else do stuff like this? Was it you?

Selsey................ it's a funny place.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I saw a bloke running wearing a full-on woolley red bobble hat today in Selsey............what's that all about???

Does anybody else do stuff like this? Was it you?

Selsey................ it's a funny place.

Was he chucking a broom handle, then measuring how far it had gone and if it landed point first?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Was he chucking a broom handle, then measuring how far it had gone and if it landed point first?

�� ��

Weakest Link seems to have a route for next Wednesday. Seems odd to go through children's playground and the meeting area is on the tarmac on the Prom an uncomfortable lounging area. Pubs crap too.
Screenshot_20220616-072543_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Weakest Link is now a definite next Wednesday evening 7:15 .
Old names are GNT, [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=9083]Anchorman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION]. Short notice so I've facebooked some of you and anyone else get your name down as it's first come first served to get a place.
All newcomers welcome.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Saucony have the Endorphin Speed 2 available at 109 on their website currently. All sizes.

Edit: the 3 is out imminently by the looks.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Old names are GNT, [MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] [MENTION=9083]Anchorman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1508]BenElton'sBrother[/MENTION]. Short notice so I've facebooked some of you and anyone else get your name down as it's first come first served to get a place.
All newcomers welcome.

I’ve signed up with a Phoenix team, I agreed personal terms yesterday.

I’ll see you all there though. It’s a great event, so anybody who hasn’t done it before should, it’s great.

Will be interesting to see how the flatter course plays out, I’ll miss the Asda zig zag on the original route.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

I’ll see you all there though. It’s a great event, so anybody who hasn’t done it before should, it’s great.

Will be interesting to see how the flatter course plays out, I’ll miss the Asda zig zag on the original route.

Couldn't take my hard management style? You piece of $#!t.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Splitter!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
All newcomers welcome.

I'm not overly enamoured by the new route, horrendously out of shape for tempo runs and in need of new shoes, but count me in, Gaffer! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about WL this morning – as we don't represent a specific 'club', should/could we go with Albion tops?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'm not overly enamoured by the new route, horrendously out of shape for tempo runs and in need of new shoes, but count me in, Gaffer! :thumbsup:

I was thinking about WL this morning – as we don't represent a specific 'club', should/could we go with Albion tops?

That's the spirit ��. Could do the Brighton shirts but I don't have one, could always borrow one, we could have a vote at the weekend. It's how we started out.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Eastbourne Vets meet was fun. I went into it with only 20 miles in 5 weeks and survived injury free but screaming calves. Still can't walk properly.

Warmed up with last place in the javelin with 12 metres but it stuck in the ground!

400m was with fast runners and set off way to fast. 4:50 mile pace, hit the wall at 200m and regressivly slowed to finish well behind the other lane runners. Mentally saving for the 1500m but 1:17 was an average 5:15ish mile pace. Last place.

1500m was a mass start 20 runners with a 4:40 pacer. Felt my way in with 2 laps at the back of the field, realised I was too unfit for a fast finish and at 700m squeezed by 3 runners as one was from my club and without looking round managed to stay 2 seconds in front of them till the end. Gold medal v60 5:58 was 18 seconds down on last year but I think I have a 5:30 in me, if I get a block of training in.

With screaming thighs I ran leg 2 of the mixed 200m relay and felt fast but obviously couldn't put my garmin on. Bronze.

A very enjoyable evening and great to see those super fast runners huffing and puffing from all out exertions.

Anchorman

Oct 19, 2007
All newcomers welcome.

Sorry Gaffer, am running with my normal club team again this year. You wouldn’t want me in your team anyway, for the first time I will be the weakest link in my team this year!
After not being able to run because of my knee injury, then having the op in January and not able to break into a jog until March (slow short plods on soft ground for a while as I tried not to rush back) I am by some way the slowest I’ve ever been, pushed back again by covid a few weeks back!!
Even allowing for all that I’m genuinely shocked at how much time I’ve lost, my legs simply refuse to comply with my wishes. I must say I’m always impressed at how the likes of you and GNT seem to maintain decent enough form despite having your own injury problems.
Will come and seek out the NSC teams next week to say hello.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Sorry Gaffer, am running with my normal club team again this year. You wouldn’t want me in your team anyway, for the first time I will be the weakest link in my team this year!
After not being able to run because of my knee injury, then having the op in January and not able to break into a jog until March (slow short plods on soft ground for a while as I tried not to rush back) I am by some way the slowest I’ve ever been, pushed back again by covid a few weeks back!!
Even allowing for all that I’m genuinely shocked at how much time I’ve lost, my legs simply refuse to comply with my wishes. I must say I’m always impressed at how the likes of you and GNT seem to maintain decent enough form despite having your own injury problems.
Will come and seek out the NSC teams next week to say hello.

Sorry to hear that Anchorman,hope I recognise you after 3-4 years. Looks like just the one NSC team this year. The dressing room has been lost.
Impressive team though with years of Weakest Link experience between us and two runners faster than me so I can do Leg 2 and get a nice rest before the "holding hands together lap".

Here is the A team. knocky [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION]
Easy Parkrun on the Prom for me tomorrow running on the heels with clumpy trainers on.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Sorry to hear that Anchorman,hope I recognise you after 3-4 years. Looks like just the one NSC team this year. The dressing room has been lost.
Impressive team though with years of Weakest Link experience between us and two runners faster than me so I can do Leg 2 and get a nice rest before the "holding hands together lap".

Here is the A team. knocky [MENTION=26634]Simgull[/MENTION] [MENTION=24635]Greg Bobkin[/MENTION] [MENTION=23419]penny's harmonica[/MENTION]
Easy Parkrun on the Prom for me tomorrow running on the heels with clumpy trainers on.

Good work gaffer. Look forward to seeing you all on Wednesday.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Even allowing for all that I’m genuinely shocked at how much time I’ve lost, my legs simply refuse to comply with my wishes. I must say I’m always impressed at how the likes of you and GNT seem to maintain decent enough form despite having your own injury

Thanks for the mention. It's the recovery time that is the main prob when you get a few miles on the clock.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports