Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Running Thread

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just signed up for The Moyleman marathon next month around Lewes!! What was I thinking!! :0

Well done. Looks great. I think I recall [MENTION=27279]dazzer6666[/MENTION] doing it last year. The Harvey's on the finish line is a classic.

Fairly hardcore as trail runs go. Not much support - table now and again with squash and jelly babies, plus a slightly bigger setup at Southease. At the briefing last year the race director described the route as 'a *******'. He was right.

Yes of course I'm doing it again [emoji3]

Might pop down to Hove this morning, maybe see some of you there

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I want to drink what @Guiness Boy is on. Doubled his running for the week. Great stuff. A bottle of Wolfblass Silver Label red wine from station Road is the new superfuel.
Good runout in the park but never even saw Dazzer's heels today.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Woke up at stupid o clock and couldn't wait for park run. Had to get out there or it wasn't happening and pleased I did. I really quite enjoy those conditions once I've warmed up.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Wet, cold and miserable at Hove but was ok once I'd warmed up. Much more sensible run this week, didn't walk or puke. Might have just sneaked under 21 mins. Happy with that given all 3 miles were within a few seconds of each other.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Lovely conditions this morning. One of my most enjoyable runs ever. Went "harboujr to harbour" - out to Carats then to the Marina then home. 14.3 miles at just faster than the ploddy pace I was given so might be in trouble but you try running "easy" when the prom's nearly as packed with runners as a small race!

Good luck in Worthing everyone.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Sub 1.40 at Worthing.

That is all.

#VeryHappy 😃
[MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] looked strong, as did the guy (not sure if he's here) in the 'Zamora 25' away shirt.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good running boys. I was hit hard for the first time on my 16m with 12@marathon pace this morning but after scrambled egg, baked beans, oat bread and 6 pints of water have picked out the positives:

Up with training plan after 2 weeks out in January.
Ran cliffs 1400' ascent (I'll ignore the 1400' descent) and Garmin registered it as away from cliff edge!
Ran without breakfast or fuelling on run to deliberately get body to search for fat as fuel. No water either.
Disappointed as 10 seconds off target race mile pace. Not bad after a heavy mileage 3 weeks and the hills.
Next marathon pace run @14m is 4 weeks away. Give me 7m @half marathon pace any day.
I got close to the wall.
Next week is an easier week.
Brighton are flying.
There's loads of sport on today.
I will be drinking because it's Valentines Day..........

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sub 1.40 at Worthing.

That is all.

#VeryHappy ��
[MENTION=18183]big nuts[/MENTION] looked strong, as did the guy (not sure if he's here) in the 'Zamora 25' away shirt.

Good running Greg.

1:28:34 for me so pleased with that. The course was pretty twisty and a bit dull in places, but enjoyed the last 5k going back towards Worthing along the coast.

Not sure what happened at mile 6 as it was 7:01 with no other mile above 6:49. The tediousness of the course must have sent me to sleep briefly.

https://connect.garmin.com/activity/1050160209

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good running all round......

18 miles over the Downs at typical trail pace for me (3 hours). Loads of mud and a cold wind on the ridge but enjoyed it. Sometimes love the solitude of a long offroad run

St Leonards Seagull

Jul 10, 2012
Are you up in Hull for Tuesday's game? Must be nice and flat after St. Leonard's.

Yeah, my wife has family up here.
It's worked out quite well, my wife thought it was nice of me to suggest we go visit her family for the half term. Although she's cottoned on today as I've said I'm off out Tuesday night.
Yeah it's flat as a pancake, quite different to home.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I threw myself around the Worthing course in 1:42:55 (Strava time, not got the official time yet) - I think the bruised ligament in my foot is only going to get worse after today! It was fairly prominent after the 3 mile mark. I didn't run a good race at all, once again I got there too late and had to start down the field, then I went out at too high pace so I crashed a little bit at half way and my splits start to drop badly. By the time we were running out West I was knackered and really feeling it. I haven't been able to do enough preparation, because of the foot, but there are no excuses on a race day - you run the time you ran.

I echo the other comments though, the course is a little bit dull but it is a well organised and well run event, so I'll be back in 2017 fully intent on putting in a better time.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Some impressive running today. Well done to all those who ran Worthing, the weather was fairly decent apart from the wind. I ran just shy of 20 miles today which is a bit ahead of my training plan for brighton marathon but I'm away next week for a fortnight and wanted to get a long run in beforehand. Found the last 3 miles tough going but good to have that distance banked.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Some impressive running today. Well done to all those who ran Worthing, the weather was fairly decent apart from the wind. I ran just shy of 20 miles today which is a bit ahead of my training plan for brighton marathon but I'm away next week for a fortnight and wanted to get a long run in beforehand. Found the last 3 miles tough going but good to have that distance banked.

So that's who you are. Good running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here